Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably gonna be a strange question, but has anyone put a brush guard on a cx-3? I understand that this is not a full suv. Its just a little crossover that is meant to stay on pavement for the most part with some minor "soft road" excursions. Im sure that putting a big chunk of metal way out in front will not help the driving dynamics

I dont own a cx3 yet, but I am going next week to three different mazda dealerships and seeing what kinda deal i can work out for an awd touring model.

any helpful ideas would be appreciated

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the grille might be partially blocked. The brush guard would have to be matte black, nothing too shiny. I'm gonna be painting the whole car not long after I get it.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Finally someone else who wants one! But my reasons are probably way different. See in Madison no one here knows how to drive, ride a bike, or walk correctly on the streets. So I would like to equip my car with a brush guard and name it The Darwin Bar. The symmetrical tow hook holes would be perfect for easy hook on/off.

·
Registered
136 Posts
If you don't need the full style bar you can also get a metal insert to cover the lower portion of the plastic front spoiler. There are a few photos of people on this forum who have done that. Would be handy if you had to do some soft roading and wanted to prevent undergrowth from damaging the spoiler.

·
Registered
451 Posts
If you don't need the full style bar you can also get a metal insert to cover the lower portion of the plastic front spoiler. There are a few photos of people on this forum who have done that. Would be handy if you had to do some soft roading and wanted to prevent undergrowth from damaging the spoiler.
Now that sounds practical. The low hanging front spoiler is just itching to get dinged. I have already put a few nasty scrapes on it from parking lot curb stones. But my question would be, just how strong are they?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It would definitely help out with people that deserve a Darwin Award haha. I'm think a full brush guard. Something like on the new explorer. I have a ton of matte black infrared absorbent paint. Imagine that with the brush guard and black wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
It would definitely help out with people that deserve a Darwin Award haha. I'm think a full brush guard. Something like on the new explorer. I have a ton of matte black infrared absorbent paint. Imagine that with the brush guard and black wheels.
Yes I want that on the CX3. That will definitely allow me to award the Darwin Award to so many willing participants.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Brush guard??.. ahhh, we call that a bull bar here in Australia
Thats understandable, but here in America a bull bar is a smaller bar that only covers the lower part of the radiator.

I guess yall have to deal with the possibility of hitting a kangaroo instead of a deer?

·
Registered
141 Posts
The way some people drive you just want to protect your car as much as possible.. Can you explain how this doesn't transmit the force of impact to your car? I would imagine it would damage your chassis in a collision, maybe just doing less cosmetic damage? idk

·
Registered
745 Posts
I really don't think the CX-3 is the appropriate vehicle for the bush, the brush, the bulls ... or the like.

Thankfully, the manufacturers have the good sense to call the fake/wannabe plastic front and rear bumper protectors, a garnish ... like parsley ... decoration, not protection.

Notwithstanding, I have both the front and rear bumper garnish, roof rails ... and a trailer hitch :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts