Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was changing over to summer tires when I broke one of the bolts on the rear wheel. I can probably replace it myself rather than paying a garage several hundred dollars. Just the same, I can't seem to find the details of the actual bolt size. I know the lug nuts are M12x1.5, but I don't know how long the studs are.

Anyone with this info? Also, am I under estimating how complex this is for a DIY job?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Depending on the model type it might be easier or harder. The newer ones with the electronic parking brakes are the wild card that will determine dfficulty. Im not sure if its brake shoes in the rotor itself like with the manual lever or if the actuator commands the caliper to act as a 'parking brake'. If you are feeling adventurous I would suggest taking off the rotor and seeing where things stand. I wish I was able to give a definite answer but have yet to do rotors in my 2016 given that its under 20k miles at the moment still. If there are brake shoes in there you will also have to loosen/tighten the adjuster to move it on and off.

If any of this sounds confusing and difficult I would recommend against doing it yourself since you must be very comfortable getting to the point the rotor is off. If all is good then from there I would see allowance of how much space the hub allows (if any) to see if you can just knock the stud out with a deadblow hammer and get a new one in from behind. The issue will be the space behind it. Some cars require the entire hub to be taken off and disassembled which is unfortunatle. Others have space to just knock studs out and shove new ones in.

Im not sure if anyone has gone that far yet in this car but if you do end up going down that route, we would appreciate any updates :)

Best of luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts