Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My A/C isn't working in my 2016 with 16,000 miles. The mechanic says it is the compressor. Apparently the position makes it vulnerable to road debris, as mine showed some real damage from stuff being throw up at it.

Does that make sense?
I use a 2 mile long gravel road a few times a week. Would that likely be the problem, rather than paved road usage? It is a nice shortcut, but not if it will damage the compressor again.

I haven't been here in a few years, but it used to be a busy forum. Has something happened?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Isn't the whole area underneath the engine bay covered by plastic? I don't remember where exactly the compressor is located but I'm pretty sure its not exposed from underneath. Is the compressor close to the hole by the wheel well?

·
Registered
97 Posts
My AC didn't work properly when I tried it a couple of months after buying my 2016 used in early 2019. It turned out to be a leaking / cracked condenser. Fortunately it was covered under warranty, because in order to replace the condenser the entire dash must be removed and that job took my Mazda dealer three days to complete!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts