Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Its quite the fantastic spot actually...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5UjmHOl4pU

Zoom Zoom is referred to indirectly:

Driving Matters is also supposed to say something about how Mazda engineers vehicles. "Whether it's for safety purposes or for maintaining our 'fun to drive' nature, it all comes down to the fact that driving matters to our customers and it matters to us." Russell Wager, vice president of marketing at Mazda North American Operations, said in the announcement of the new campaign.

However, Zoom-Zoom isn't entirely dead, and the words still appear in small print in some of these spots. According to Wager in an interview with Automotive News, the old slogan isn't necessarily understandable to some focus groups. "I'll ask them to explain to me what 'Zoom Zoom' means, and I'll get 6 or 7 different answers. That's what Driving Matters is supposed to address. It's supposed to solidify what 'Zoom Zoom' means to people," he said.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Good move going with "Driving Matters" as for their larger branding efforts, "Driving Matters" speaks for itself, no questioning what it might mean, the same can't be said for Zoom Zoom

·
Registered
275 Posts
Good move going with "Driving Matters" as for their larger branding efforts, "Driving Matters" speaks for itself, no questioning what it might mean, the same can't be said for Zoom Zoom
Agree.

And good point. "zoom zoom" brings to mind something fast and sporty though, still self explanatory to some extent.

·
Registered
149 Posts
It makes the point, but its slightly boring. I think that there could be slightly more zing to it. That's just me being picky though. It's a great commercial, just not pushing any boundaries.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I like that they're telling us their methodology is DRIVING MATTERS. Its relevant and to the point when most enthusiasts are complaining that manufacturers don't care about what driving anymore.

·
Registered
265 Posts
That should become even more true as we get driveless cars.
Most folks don't care for power like enthusiats do anyways

·
Registered
190 Posts
That should become even more true as we get driveless cars.
Most folks don't care for power like enthusiats do anyways
Once your car drives you around, I don't think power really matters. In fact, the priority would be smooth acceleration and braking, and fuel economy more than anything.

At that point cars will become entertainment centres. It will be a very strange evolution of the automobile.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts