Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked at the tech thread to see if there is any brake info on there didn't see any?

Anyone have the info they can post up? Looking more for torque specs for caliper bracket bolts and slider pin torque.

Tony

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So just to confirm on the first pdf in the link (frt disc brakes) the bolt #9 has torque of 92-110 Nm or 68-81 ft/lbs torque correct???

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
So just to confirm on the first pdf in the link (frt disc brakes) the bolt #9 has torque of 92-110 Nm or 68-81 ft/lbs torque correct???
Correct. Tony, if you've got a tub of copper grease for lubing guide pins etc, you really would be better to bin it and get some ceramic based grease.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I know that #9 fastener is the bolt for the caliper bracket. The bolts for the slide pins are low torque I usually just use my ratcheting wrench and give it a snug then just do like 5-10 degrees more turning and it's good.

Slide pins always get syl glide brake lubricant I use the copper stuff to lube up the edges of the brake pad backing plates where they go into the bracket.

Just finished doing all that on the CX-3 and also did the rears on my Suzuki. I'll get to the front of the SX4 at a later date.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts