Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the CX-3, Bose Terminal Layout and Signal chart … equivalent to the CX-5 pdf, page 2, that the Anchorman recently posted over on mazdas247.com (CX-5, Infotainment section)? Possibly even the Anchorman himself? :)

I’m trying to install a supplemental, underseat subwoofer, and want to tap into an unmodified, pre-amp signal.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I’m old and my memory is shot. Who am I, what am I doing here?

Was it like this?

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Was it like this?
You're getting old? Ha! I don't think so ... although it is way past your bedtime :)

Yes, similar but that's up at the head unit itself. I'm hoping for an explanation of the three connectors back at the underseat Bose Amp ... just over the hump away from the intended location of the mini-sub.

Again, I am much obliged.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
After a fairly extensive trawl of what I’ve got available at the moment, it’s all CX-5 stuff but I’m fairly sure if you check the colours and connections it will be the same.....

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thank you ... yes, I think the line-level inputs for the front speakers are the same. The JBL BassPro I'm using (yet another Prius leftover), has both speaker and line level inputs ... but I'm theorizing the line-level inputs have less (none?) Bose processing and are therefore more suitable for the sub.

BTW, the trinket tray continues to serve yeoman's duty holding, well, trinkets ... parking meter change, wife's hair bands, etc. 'And so far, it hasn't tried to repatriate itself :)

Also, do you ever miss your lil' CX-3?

EDIT: See post #7 below for the correct CX-3 terminal codes.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Yes I do. It was a superb looking car and I often think that as an extravagance, I would like another just ar a runaround but it’s just too much money tied up.

The new one with the 1.8 diesel and other updates looks superb. You’ve got to hand it to Mazda, the do react to customer wishes.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Finally, after much gnashing of teeth, a few expletives, and a new-found appreciation of the pdfs uploaded by Anchorman the Great, I have downloaded the Bose “Terminal Layout and Signal” Codes and Pin Locations for the CX-3.

For LHD models, leaning in the passenger’s door, the Bose amplifier is, of-course, under the passenger’s seat. Taking off the cover, the input wires coming from the Head Unit into the Bose Amp/Processor/Thingie are on the leftmost connector (toward the rear of the vehicle):

So if you wanna’ hook-up your under seat sub (JBL BassPro SL in my case) via the virgin, untainted-by-Bose, low level, line inputs:

1E Front Left Speaker, Negative: White
1F Front Left Speaker, Positive: Black
1G Front Right Speaker, Negative: Red
1H Front Right Speaker, Positive: Green

(Yes, there are two greens on this connector ... you'll just have to note the relative locations of 1H and 1I.)

Here's the pdf:

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Methinks the Anchorman uses a PC, rather than a Mac. I was not able to consistently download anything with my MacBook Pro, neither as a pdf, nor as a web archive :-(

EDIT: To download, Mac users need to hit the Print button at the top of the Mazda page, then use the regular OS Print. finally in the print dialog, save the document as a pdf. A bit roundabout, but works :)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

Was it like this?
The pdf in Anchorman's Post #2 shows the connector layout and codes for the CMU (Connectivity Master Unit), not the Tuner Pre-Amp Head Unit, and not the under-the-seat Bose Amplifier.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I’m on all Apple stuff. I’m just not much cop at tech. I can take a CX-3 apart and put it back together working though! ;-)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’m on all Apple stuff. I’m just not much cop at tech. I can take a CX-3 apart and put it back together working though! ;-)
Possibly because I'm DIY, most pdfs came out with a "maZDa" watermark. May be U.S. Law that everyone have access, 'though it's easy to see why Mazda would want it restricted. EVERY issue I've had with my vehicle has been covered in some sort of TSB or service advice, armed with which one could begin negotiations with their dealer.

In addition to the Workshop Manual, I'm blown away by the amount of purpose/philosophy/vision explanations they provide. It all must cost a mint to produce ... and in how many different languages, including both English and American ;-)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts