Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

well, the problem is the following: I own a CX3 from 2016. When I got the car, I had a Xiaomi Mi A1. At first it couldn't connect at all, didn't even find the cars Bluetooth connection. Then somehow, not sure how, it worked. And had been working fine.

Recently, I got myself a new phone (UleFone Armor 10). It found the cars Bluetooth connection, but couldn't quite keep the connection alive. Tried to connect for a few seconds, but disconnected eventually. Then a day later it worked somehow. This went fine for a couple of days.

Then today, same as before... Tries to connect, fails every time. After a couple of tries, the cars system rebooted itself. But, didn't help. After yelling at my phone and car, I played around with the settings on my phone... What I found out is, that calls, messages and contacts alone work fine. But as soon as I activate media/audio transmission, boom, connection fails. Without audio, everything fine, with audio, not so much...

What the hell is going on here?! Can anybody help me here, or point me in a direction where I could find help. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thx guys and gals.
Cheers.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi, Welcome to the forum.

I had a similar issue, and it was due to me not granting access/accepting the pop up message that appears on the phone (like for 2seconds) to allow sharing of all of the above and to play audio(music).

Also It's best to remove the previously paired devices from the MZD connect and only keep the phone you are using. 2016 models didnt come with the most robust firmware and memory features.
Update your mazda firmware, there has been some fixes along the way.
Make sure that bluetooth is not scanning/trying to connect to other devices in the area, not all phone hardware is created equally.

Lastly, your device, Bluetooth Audio (media sounds) A2DP is usually the default of devices, but it can have issues when used with bluetooth v1 - v3. You may want to go into your device settings and enable "developer mode" then check the blue tooth compatibility. I had to do this with both my Samsung and Xiaomi mi6, then it worked flawlessley (including whatsapp calls, which never worked previously). A google on your phone bluetooth issues can help you with this.

Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts