Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 Touring and have had troubles from the start with my bluetooth, back in 2018 when I first got the car. Normally, my bluetooth will disconnect once every 2 months, or so, and all I have to do is unpair the device, leave the car for about a hour, and then by the time I come back I can reconnect and everything is back to normal. On Friday morning, I got in my car like normal, called my bf and once I hung up, tried playing music on my spotify. Didn't work. Tried youtube, apple music, netflix... all nothing, no sound. So I did what I normally do, disconnected the bluetooth, unpaired the device and left the car. Came back an hour or so later, and tried to pair it again. It did pair, however, still no sound... hmm. I then tried doing that over and over again, I was out christmas shopping so was frequently in and out of the car. Finally I found a forum on this website where you can reset your stuff by holding the nav, mute, and back button at once to perform a hard reset, this seemed to work for most people. So I reset it like 3-4 times, still nothing. Then I was so fed up I decided to reset my entire system settings in hopes that would help. It did not. I then left my car in the garage for about 36 hours until today when I had to use it. I get in my car in hopes this mess would magically be fixed, still nothing... so I was beyond frustrated! I went to bestbuy, bought a aux cord, and boom, I now had sound again so at least some of my anger subsided. What's annoying me the most is the timing of this, was it's Christmas weekend. So I was not able to call Mazda customer service or bring in my car to the dealer, or even talk to the dealership, and now have had to wait until tomorrow afternoon, to call and figure out what is wrong since they were closed for the holiday (which is understandable, i'm not complaining). I'm writing here to see if someone can help me. As of now, the bluetooth IS working, just no sound is coming out. The aux cord gives me the sound, but that's about it. Here is another dilemma, if I call customer service and they cannot help me, and I am forced to bring in the car to the dealer, how much will they charge me for the repair? I do have a lease on the car, but it is a 48 month lease, I learned a few months back that warranty only covers up to 36 months, (again, my fault for not realizing this when my dad signed me up for the lease back in 2018). So is this sort of thing still covered if I am no longer within the 36 month warranty timeframe? Sorry if I sound like a dumb blonde, I am. Also my dad is not around to help out with this situation, before anyone asks. Thank you so much in advance for reading and your patience.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Aside from there possibly being an issue with the cars Bluetooth module, some things to check for:

-you mentioned it cut off after a call. Was the call through Bluetooth in the car or did you have another nearby device that was within range such as a headphone set or even a smart speaker from inside etc. Sometimes bluetooth audio connections get highjacked since modern phones allow multiple devices connected at the same time but they fight for use and shut the sound of the other off. If i turn on the car while i have headphones in the car will take the audio connection from my headphones and put the headphones on pause until the headphones take it back by unpausing.

-similar to above , some phones have internal dev option settings (not in apple as far as i know) that regulate bluetooth volume per device and some have a volume reset when previous audio connection volume was really high so you might find it that your phone resets Bluetooth volume to zero when connecting. Strange but has happened enough to me to confirm its existence and varies between phone makers. I guess its a safety thing so you dont blow your ears out if you were on max volume on a previous connection so see if the phones bluetooth volume was changed and raise it.

-try restarting the phone instead of car usually my end happens from phones side and if there's any issues its almost always at boot since the cars unit tries to do too much at once when starting load gps/reconnect Bluetooth/load previous car settings/output audio from last played/pop up the annoying warning message and basically temporarily freezes itself at this point.

Just to test something:

With the car off, restart your phone, turn off Bluetooth in your phone before you turn on the car. Start the car and let it go through the initial motions for like a minute then reenable bluetooth on your phone. If it's already paired it should reconnect and you might need to switch to bluetooth audio on the car since it will not automatically switch from aux or radio etc. Then check volume on phone. While this sounds overly simple its the best way to see if its a car issue or just an error between your phone and headunit. Goodluck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts