Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my new CX3 GT on Saturday and while I love the car overall, the Blind Spot Monitoring system isn't working. The indicator light on the dash never goes off. In theory the system starts working soon after you start the vehicle and you can always manually disable the system with a button on the dashboard but mine isn't working at all. Hence, back to the dealer to get it fixed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True. But the indicator on the dashboard that the Blind Spot Monitoring system is "off" should not light up permanently. Hopefully it's just a programming issue that can be corrected immediately when they hook the car up to the computer.

·
Registered
275 Posts
True. But the indicator on the dashboard that the Blind Spot Monitoring system is "off" should not light up permanently. Hopefully it's just a programming issue that can be corrected immediately when they hook the car up to the computer.
Sure seems like that could be the case once its all hooked up, when are you going to take your vehicle in to see if that's indeed the case?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Repair

Sure seems like that could be the case once its all hooked up, when are you going to take your vehicle in to see if that's indeed the case?
I am going to get the car serviced on Friday morning. I truly hope it's nothing major. My last car had almost no technology but the CX3 GT is loaded with things which is awesome but things can break or not function properly which is a bit of a worry. The extended warranty for the car is over $1,400 and I am now wondering if it's worth it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Part from Japan

So I took my one week old CX3 GT to the dealership today and they are not able to repair the Blind Spot Monitoring system until they get a complete replacement module from Japan. The model is so new that no parts are available locally and Mazda Corporate wanted to replace the entire BSM system instead of having the service department try to isolate the issue.

The good news is that I have a "loaner" car until the car is repaired. I hope this is an isolated issue!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Glad to hear they gave you a loaner car but what did they give you as a loaner car? Hopefully it's something just as good!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They gave me a Chevy Cruze which from Enterprise which is located next to the dealership. It will have to do for almost a week. I have no idea how fast they can get the part from Japan but I hope it's fast!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I hope they get your part in soon. My dealers parts department told me they had no parts for a CX-3 and didn't know when they would get them in. They didn't even have the all weather mats. I just hope that nothing goes wrong - at least until more parts on in. I've read the same lack of parts issues on the Honda HRV forums. Guess that's the price we pay for being on the leading edge.

I am glad to hear Mazda corporate isn't fooling around and wants the entire assembly replaced. Glad they gave you a loaner. Let us know when they fix it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.