Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the BSM sensors are out of alignment, and I'm not quite sure how to go about getting them fixed. The righthand side sensor is facing too far back, and only seems to trigger off of signs and trees when I pull next to a curb to make a turn. The lefthand sensor is facing too far forward, and it seems to mostly trigger off of cars in the far lane, so the lane that is beyond the lane I want to be in. I took it in to the dealer a few months ago when I had a long weekend, but they were too busy to do much with it. They wanted a tech to verify the issue before they pulled the bumper off, but the two times they had a tech free to do it, he wasn't able to find anything. I looked briefly through the forum for anything related, and there was mention of a specialty calibration tool for these? How far in advance should I talk to them about this? Once summer starts, my bf and I are planning on going home to the bay area for a week, and I am thinking of leaving the car at the dealer to have the issue sorted out, but if there's a specialty tool they have to order in, I need time for it to arrive from Japan.
Before this car I was driving my sister's '15 Mazda3, so I know how BSM should react, and with my car, this feels dangerous.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Anchorman may be able to give you the Factory Workshop Manual procedure for aligning it ... I'll guarantee it's exhaustive and if correctly followed, will solve the problem.

Best of luck ... my dealer couldn't even align the steering wheel ... at delivery! 'And the story goes down hill from there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts