Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, my name is Jack, very new to this forum. Just got a 2017 CX-3 AWD grand touring. Love the car so far, except the blind spot monitoring system doesn’t seem to be working. The system is showing it’s on and it’s not off via the button on the left. Going to take it to Mazda next week, just didn’t know if there is some tips or advice on what the problem could be or how I should approach it to the service techs so they can find the problem easier. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Im not exactly sure what you are referring to but based on my knowledge the way it works is it will light up on the mirror whenever a car is in your blind spot while you are moving. When your signal is on to the corresponding side and the light is on/ a car is in your blind spot, it will beep. If you are not hearing a beep it could be reduced in the settings since the previous owner might have turned it down to a negligible volume. If none of those are related to your issue then yea something is wrong, the downside of used cars is theres no knowing what the previous owner did or hit. :/

·
Registered
232 Posts
Our 2016 BSM system has never worked right. It will be working fine then the light will come on and indicate it is not working. After a restart, it works again. Took it to Mazda twice and they spent over $600.00 under warranty trying to fix the problem. We finally gave up and have just learned to live with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Our 2016 BSM system has never worked right. It will be working fine then the light will come on and indicate it is not working. After a restart, it works again. Took it to Mazda twice and they spent over $600.00 under warranty trying to fix the problem. We finally gave up and have just learned to live with it.

I'm going into Mazda next Tuesday, I have a warranty from the dealer I bought so hopefully this can get covered, I would hope maybe there is an updated version of this BSM system or some kind of improvement, I've seen so many forums regarding this issue, I have lived without a BSM system and everything works, but it would be nice if this worked consistently.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Good luck, keep us posted?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts