Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and have just purchased a 2018 CX3 Touring recently.
For the past 2 days, I noticed my Blind Spot Monitoring stopped working while I am driving, even though I have it on in my Settings. The side mirrors do not light up and the dashboard does not indicate the Blind Spot Monitoring is off.

Am I just missing something?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Check that it's not just the working conditions have not been met. From the EU Owner's Manual:

Under the following conditions, the radar sensors (rear) cannot detect target objects or it may be difficult to detect them

• A vehicle is in the detection area at the rear in an adjacent driving lane but it does not approach. The Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM) determines the condition based on radar detection data.
  • A vehicle is travelling alongside your vehicle at nearly the same speed for an extended period of time.
  • Vehicles approaching in the opposite direction.
  • A vehicle in an adjacent driving lane is attempting to pass your vehicle.
  • A vehicle is in an adjacent lane on a road with extremely wide driving lanes. The detection area of the radar sensors (rear) is set at the road width of expressways.
Due to certain limitations with the operation of this system, the Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM) warning indicator light, the warning sound and the warning screen indicator display may not activate or they might be delayed even though a vehicle is in an adjacent driving lane. Always make it your responsibility as a driver to check the rear.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check that it's not just the working conditions have not been met. From the EU Owner's Manual:
Thank you for the response!
This does not seem to be the case, it's acting as if BSM is off even though the settings has it as on. The dashboard also does not indicate it's off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I took my car to Mazda service center they reset the BSM , it worked for a day and then it stopped working again.
This has happened twice.I am taking the car back again tomorrow morning for the tech to have a look.
I am suspecting some kind of software issue in the BSM in CX-3

·
Super Moderator
108 Posts
I took my car to Mazda service center they reset the BSM , it worked for a day and then it stopped working again.
This has happened twice.I am taking the car back again tomorrow morning for the tech to have a look.
I am suspecting some kind of software issue in the BSM in CX-3
Where are you located? If the sensors are covered with excessive dirt/snow, then BSM will not work properly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seems like it's Bluetooth related.
Whenever I start the car without Bluetooth, it seems the BSM will sometimes kick in. Otherwise, it's off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
BSM malfunction

I have a 2016 CX3 (first model year) and I've been having issues with my BSM intermittently not working for several months. The first time I took it into the dealership they said they hadn't had this issue before. After 2 weeks of them working with the Mazda people they replaced the unit with what they said was an upgraded version. Within a month it was back to malfunctioning. I took it back and after a week they couldn't duplicate the problem. If it works when I first start driving it will work the entire trip. If it doesn't work when I first start driving it doesn't work the entire trip. I'm quite frustrated as it doesn't work much more frequently than it works. Waiting on a call from the service manager to see what they suggest for the next step.

·
Registered
31 Posts
New tactic - take the vehicle in to the dealership and ask the service writer to take a short ride with you. Try to duplicate the issue with him in the car and get his agreement that it is real. Have him speak to the service manager about it right then. This will avoid the “cannot duplicate” response from lazy mechanics.

I started doing this years ago whenever I had a problem (at several different brands and dealerships). The downside is that sometimes it didn’t show up in the first test ride with the writer and I had to schedule another test ride later. But once he/she agreed it was a problem I never heard the “cannot duplicate” excuse again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Where are you located? If the sensors are covered with excessive dirt/snow, then BSM will not work properly.
My car BSM has issues from the day one . nothing to do with Dirt/snow. I have taken it to agency twice, they reset the system and it starts working only to stop working the next day.
I will be going back again next week where the Agency Tech has promised to diagnose it with Mazda tech on the line. Lets see what do they say.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have found that if I start my car with my bluetooth disabled on my phone, my BSM will work fine. After my car has started, I can enable my bluetooth on my phone and will have functionality of both.

It seems for whatever reason, starting my car with bluetooth enabled on my phone will make my BSM not work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Took my car back again to the dealership yesterday. The service manager went on a test drive with me to confirm that the system was, in deed, not functioning. Hoping this time they can fix it for good...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have this same issue with my new 2018 CX-3 Touring, it either works perfectly for the entire trip or it doesn't work at all. I took mine back to the dealership yesterday and was able to test drive with a tech and he verified it wasn't working properly. He said he's going to elevate it directly to a mazda tech on Monday. I'll post results.

Also mine was immediately not functioning properly, it didn't work on my way home from the dealership... Had 6 miles on it when I drove it off the lot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem with the bluetooth and BSM. I noticed that you have to wait ‘til the message ‘warning’ on the screen comes up after you start the car and click ‘I agree’. Do not move the car yet right after you start the engine. Try iif it works on yours.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same issue, and this was the problem and fix. The BSM system would not work no matter how long I drove, if after a minute or so you switched off the engine and started it up again - the system will start working again. The problem ended up to be the car battery, the tech advised that the car would start under volt and detecting that, the system would disengage. A new battery solved it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
New tactic - take the vehicle in to the dealership and ask the service writer to take a short ride with you. Try to duplicate the issue with him in the car and get his agreement that it is real. Have him speak to the service manager about it right then. This will avoid the “cannot duplicate” response from lazy mechanics.

I started doing this years ago whenever I had a problem (at several different brands and dealerships). The downside is that sometimes it didn’t show up in the first test ride with the writer and I had to schedule another test ride later. But once he/she agreed it was a problem I never heard the “cannot duplicate” excuse again.

This is excellent advice regardless of make and dealer. I did this with my Acura when I started having power-steering issues (would act up at slow engine speeds). When I had the service writer drive it with me in the passenger seat, she confirmed my complaint and informed the technician working on the car than she experienced the problem also (to avoid the BS "seems okay to me" response).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts