Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
I have the Bell hitch-mounted 2-bike rack and it works great with the hitch I installed. I have to pivot the rack down to open the hatch but it works fine (no rubbing or anything).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got this installed at the dealership here in Mexico
its a THULE

but it already broke because somebody i asked to wash the car took it to a tunnel Automatic carwash and, you can all imagine the rest..
anyways here's a picture i saved from before.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Installed Yakima Holdup EVO today. With a Mazda hitch receiver which for some reason not even rated as class I. It's got a sticker on it says max load 150lbs and not to be use to tow anything.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
They're covering their butts to protect themselves from consumer stupidity.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Installed Yakima Holdup EVO today. With a Mazda hitch receiver which for some reason not even rated as class I. It's got a sticker on it says max load 150lbs and not to be [used] to tow anything.
It's not the hitch, per se, I'm worried about. Rather, (at least with the Curt hitch) it's how it's attached that bothers me.

Looking up under the rear "bumper", you'll see it's bolted to a few flimsy bits of sheet metal. The hitch bracket itself dangles down like a lever. If someone ever hits it, like a can opener, it'll split open and peel off the whole rear end! At a minimum, some hard-to-get-to "frame" members could be easily bent.

As always, IMO (or IM Imagination :)

P.S. I have a Curt hitch with a brightly chromed European ball perched out at the end. It's my attempt to keep tyro parkers from tearing-up the plastic bumper. ('Had the same set-up on my Prius, but a distracted young lady took a left into it and knocked off the front end ... hence the CX-3.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes is expensive. From my point of view it's not the best idea to install on the rear door. Mines are on the roof. Depends, where do you live. In such cities as London will be a bad idea, in California - easy!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Unfortunately for bikes, my Mazda 2 is not the best car to install ladder. On read door is impossible and on roof to small area and very difficult to install bikes there. Maybe with other ladders would be possible, did not do proper search on google, but this topic brings me back to this issue I had personally. Will try something else, good this topic reminded me. Also, for a bonus want to share with other what I have bought for my bike at summer from amazon https://www.amazon.com/Vont-Rechargeable-Illumination-Resistant-Accessories/dp/B078TB9TMK , this illumination device is pretty good and price is under $15 bucks.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts