Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a thought today if there was some way to make the CX3 a stronger off road candidate. Has anyone installed off roading tires like those on the jeep wrangler? Also has anyone installed a bull bar?

·
Super Moderator
550 Posts
Most off-road tires have larger sidewalls than the OEM size allows for.

The closest I was able to find on Tirerack was the General Grabber AT2 in 215/60-16. It's about 3.2% larger than stock so your speedo will read 3.2% lower than actual (which isn't too bad) and might still fit under the fenders. The big thing to avoid is going with spacers and/or low-offset wheels because pushing the wheels out too far will cause them to rub on the fender edges and pull the trim off.

There's also the Yokohama GEOLANDAR A/T G015 and BFGoodrich ALL-TERRAIN T/A KO2 in the same size.

You can use this tool to see how close a given tire size is to OEM:
https://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Blah thats too difficult. I am just wondering what tires to put on next, when the stock ones eventually wear down. I'll most likely be moving North to Michigan or Ohio..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Most off-road tires have larger sidewalls than the OEM size allows for.

The closest I was able to find on Tirerack was the General Grabber AT2 in 215/60-16. It's about 3.2% larger than stock so your speedo will read 3.2% lower than actual (which isn't too bad) and might still fit under the fenders. The big thing to avoid is going with spacers and/or low-offset wheels because pushing the wheels out too far will cause them to rub on the fender edges and pull the trim off.

There's also the Yokohama GEOLANDAR A/T G015 and BFGoodrich ALL-TERRAIN T/A KO2 in the same size.

You can use this tool to see how close a given tire size is to OEM:
https://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
Yup. Listen to him.

·
Registered
8 Posts
you know the cx-3 is based on the mazda2 platform and that wasn't a off road car, the rear diff is the smallest diff i've seen, much smaller than a subaru or any other car i'ved worked on

1 - 8 of 8 Posts