Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new here, and I know nothing about rims, but I have a basic sport edition cx-3, and I'm looking to get some sick rims. Any ideas? Post pictures if you can! Thanks

P.S I know nothing about rims, so please list everything I would need to do

·
Registered
872 Posts
Please start by calling them wheels instead of rims. :)

A common size would be 18x8 et45. Shop for wheels with a bolt pattern 5x114.3 and 67.1 CB But keep in mind if you go up to a 18" wheel, you'll also need new tires.

Shop wheels with those specs and find what you like in your budget. Then post examples and certainly people will weigh in with feedback.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well, rims are the centre more stylized part of the car. The wheels are the whole thing. And the tires go around the rims.

That's my understanding at least.

A big factor is budget. Rims can be quite expensive.

·
Registered
872 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
For it to fit, it needs to be the same bolt pattern and center bore will need to be the same although if its bigger you can add in a spacer to fill in the gap.

·
Registered
2016 Mazda CX3
128 Posts
Look for a local tire shop that sells rims. They usually do it by order, and it doesn't take long, at least in my case. As others suggested, go straight for 18's, anything else doesn't feel right for the CX3. I paid $1300 for new rims and tires, and the tires were pretty cheap, while rims were mid-range, so you could find cheaper, or used ones in good condition.

Personal preference, go for something with more web-pattern or multi-spoked rims, not something with 5 or 6 spokes, or something deep-dished. These are what I use.

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
Look for a local tire shop that sells rims. They usually do it by order, and it doesn't take long, at least in my case. As others suggested, go straight for 18's, anything else doesn't feel right for the CX3. I paid $1300 for new rims and tires, and the tires were pretty cheap, while rims were mid-range, so you could find cheaper, or used ones in good condition.

Personal preference, go for something with more web-pattern or multi-spoked rims, not something with 5 or 6 spokes, or something deep-dished. These are what I use.
I think it will depend on design, but overall it might be a small portion of 5 and 6 spoke wheels that will end up looking good on the CX-3.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For it to fit, it needs to be the same bolt pattern and center bore will need to be the same although if its bigger you can add in a spacer to fill in the gap.
From my sources I've found this is what I know

Anzio Sparked Machined
---------------------------
Size: 16x6.5
Bolt Pattern: 5-114
Offset: 50mm

Mazda CX-3 Sport Rims
---------------------------
Size: 16
Width: 6.5
Offset: 50mm
Bolt Pattern: 5x114.3

Please correct me If I'm wrong, but what I've researched those are the basics of the Mazda CX-3 Sport Edition wheels, and so it seems to me that the Anzio rims I picked out could work. Am I correct? :D

·
Registered
193 Posts
I installed Enkei Raijin 18x8 50et. I like the black wheels contrasting against the ceramic paint. The new wheel/tire combination is 9 pounds lighter per corner. This reduction in weight made the vehicle much more responsive and lighter on her feet.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Mazda CX3
128 Posts
I love those Raijins @OneLyveWyre.

I don't really think, which is totally my opinion, that 5 or 6 spoke rims, like Volks or generic JDM style rims, fit something of this size. They are more suited to lowered rides, mainly JDM imports. Something like Volks Rays TE range of rims wouldn't look right on the CX3. But then again, something with too many spokes, or all the space covered, is no good either. BBS rims come to mind as to what's too much. (Except for the CHR, which I would want if I ever get a new set for my CX3).

Those Raijins above, or my Contours, for example, or even the stock 18" on the top model are what look best on a CX3. Something that doesn't leave a lot of space in the rim itself. Ultimately, it's preference over anything else. If it fits size-wise, and you like it, go for it. (Except spinners, dear lord don't put spinners on your CX3, or anything for that matter.)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Spinners!!! That's classy!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts