Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Mazda CX-3 Touring AWD
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! does anyone know the part number or a part number for the mazda cx-3 2017 or 2016 (idc what year) Belt tensioner?
i need to order a new one etc but want to make sure i get one that works for my car :) Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
116 Posts
If a good old search on the interwebs doesn't inspire confidence, then give the dealer (parts department) a call. They'll need a VIN number to pull the relevant information, get the price on the call.
Then check else where.

I suggest this option, as Mazda has done minor part changes between models.
My friend has a 2017 CX3 (I have a 2016), how ever we have seen that there are part revisions done, albeit minor.

Regards,

·
Registered
2017 Mazda CX-3 Touring AWD
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If a good old search on the interwebs doesn't inspire confidence, then give the dealer (parts department) a call. They'll need a VIN number to pull the relevant information, get the price on the call.
Then check else where.

I suggest this option, as Mazda has done minor part changes between models.
My friend has a 2017 CX3 (I have a 2016), how ever we have seen that there are part revisions done, albeit minor.

Regards,
Awesome thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
VIN is something like a barcode of each individual vehicle and vin history shows your fate. There are thousands of sites offering verification services. On Vingurus , I always know which part number I need. My car often breaks down.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hey! does anyone know the part number or a part number for the mazda cx-3 2017 or 2016 (idc what year) Belt tensioner?
i need to order a new one etc but want to make sure i get one that works for my car :) Thank you in advance!

This is apparently the bolt tensioner for a 2016 or 2017 CX-3

In fact it's used for a whole range of years of CX-3, along with many other Mazda models. Whoever you are ordering from should confim this is the correct part if you quote the Mazda part number PE03-15-980C

·
Registered
252 Posts
Could i ask which belt this tensioner is for as i was under the impression the engines are all cam chain?

It is either for the serpentine belt - also know as alternator belt - and / or the water pump belt. See the diagram on the web page below

It has nothing to do with a cam belt which, as your impression is correct, isn't on the CX-3 engine as it uses a cam chain instead

1 - 8 of 8 Posts