Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just traded in our 2018 Honda HR-V for a 2019 CX3. What a difference!
A little background.
I've been a Parts Manager for 40 years. The last 8 with Honda. Hence the HR-Vs
Last year, I traded in a 2006 Boxster for a 2016 MX5 Club. Then upgraded that to a 2019 MX5 RF

Ok so here's where the story takes a bit of a twist. Out of nowhere, I get a new job at a Mazda store.

So true to form, I traded my HR-V for a CX3 Grand Touring in Machine Gray Metallic. so now we are a total Mazda family.
So. Expect to see me on here with lots of questions and hopefully some answers!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just traded in our 2018 Honda HR-V for a 2019 CX3. What a difference!
A little background.
I've been a Parts Manager for 40 years. The last 8 with Honda. Hence the HR-Vs
Last year, I traded in a 2006 Boxster for a 2016 MX5 Club. Then upgraded that to a 2019 MX5 RF

Ok so here's where the story takes a bit of a twist. Out of nowhere, I get a new job at a Mazda store.

So true to form, I traded my HR-V for a CX3 Grand Touring in Machine Gray Metallic. so now we are a total Mazda family.
So. Expect to see me on here with lots of questions and hopefully some answers!

I am curious about what you mean by “What a difference”. I had previously owned a Honda CR-V which I liked very much. In 2015, I was torn between the HR-V and the CX-3 but the CX-3 won out mainly because of two reasons: the availability of 4WD here in France, and the bad reputation of the HR-V’s automatic transmission. In any case, I have no regrets – I love my (not so) little CX-3. But, as I say, I am curious about what differences you see between the two.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am curious about what you mean by “What a difference”. I had previously owned a Honda CR-V which I liked very much. In 2015, I was torn between the HR-V and the CX-3 but the CX-3 won out mainly because of two reasons: the availability of 4WD here in France, and the bad reputation of the HR-V’s automatic transmission. In any case, I have no regrets – I love my (not so) little CX-3. But, as I say, I am curious about what differences you see between the two.
The 2018 HR-V was my second. I previously owned a 2016 ADW. The biggest difference is the amount of front seat leg room. While the HR-V seemed a bit bigger outside, it had less leg room. I'm 6' 1" and it felt a bit cramped. Also, I wasn't a huge fan of the CVT. Made acceleration a bit sluggish. Next both if my HR-Vs were EXL with navi, so the were fully loaded. With that, they were still lacking in technology. No lane departure warning, no adaptive cruise, etc. I did however like the Lane Watch Camera.

Don't get me wrong they were great in their own ways, but despite being a relatively new model, they were feeling a little behind the time.

And as I said before, I now work in a Mazda Parts Department. I got a hell of a deal.

·
Registered
31 Posts
For your amusement, here is a photo of the first car that I drove (at the age of 14) -- a Nash known as "the upside-down bathtub"

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
For your amusement, here is a photo of the first car that I drove (at the age of 14) -- a Nash known as "the upside-down bathtub"
With a step down to a very comfortable, huge back seat!

P.S.

• Ditto the Family Man, plus the HR-V has greater ground clearance.

• Where did you have the Nash? France?

• CX-3 is the best ... you never had a DS19? :–)

• Just returned from 6 days in Paris ... but nary a CX-3 sighting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts