Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own 2019 CX3 with 4000 miles. I used my car on a hot day & came home. Next day car wouldn’t start..took battery in & there was a “dead cell”. Replaced battery & car started. If anyone has same year battery you might want to check your battery or replace. I would hate to be out of town & not be able to start a vehicle. I have 2 road side assistance clubs but I waited 2.5 hours for AAA in October. I chose not to jump start my vehicle. Linda

·
Registered
191 Posts
There have been quite a few posts about difficult starting on some CX3's lately, so it's a good reminder to have your battery tested at least yearly.

I replaced the battery in my 2016 a couple of years ago because it was nearing its five year mark and was showing signs of weakening. It's been my experience that a car battery is good for about five years, anything more and you're pushing your luck that it will be able to start your car when you need it. This is particularly important when you live where winters are extreme and the battery is subjected to sub-freezing temperatures for months at a time. Trust me you don't want to wait for 2.5 hours in the middle of nowhere in -20 degree weather for your roadside assistance to show-up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There have been quite a few posts about difficult starting on some CX3's lately, so it's a good reminder to have your battery tested at least yearly.

I replaced the battery in my 2016 a couple of years ago because it was nearing its five year mark and was showing signs of weakening. It's been my experience that a car battery is good for about five years, anything more and you're pushing your luck that it will be able to start your car when you need it. This is particularly important when you live where winters are extreme and the battery is subjected to sub-freezing temperatures for months at a time. Trust me you don't want to wait for 2.5 hours in the middle of nowhere in -20 degree weather for your roadside assistance to show-up.
my car battery didn’t make it 5 years & we do have cold weather. I was shocked it didn’t make it to 5 year. I have waited in sub zero weather for a tow & carry blankets for this reason.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I own 2019 CX3 with 4000 miles. I used my car on a hot day & came home. Next day car wouldn’t start..took battery in & there was a “dead cell”. Replaced battery & car started. If anyone has same year battery you might want to check your battery or replace. I would hate to be out of town & not be able to start a vehicle. I have 2 road side assistance clubs but I waited 2.5 hours for AAA in October. I chose not to jump start my vehicle. Linda
4000 miles in nearly 3 years means you didn't drive your car too much. Leaving the car parked without turning the engine regulary it will damage the battery too. At least this is my experience.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello: I own 3 cars & regularly start them & rotate tires. I can’t drive all 3 so I rotate. I haven’t went on road trips because of the Covid-19 but plan on it. I have a 2011 Mazda for our cold snowy winters. The 1988 Mustang GT is started regularly & I have owned it since new so I know a lot about vehicles but thanks for the suggestion. Linda

·
Registered
191 Posts
I haven’t went on road trips because of the Covid-19 but plan on it. I have a 2011 Mazda for our cold snowy winters.
It had been two years since our last vacation thanks to Covid rules and restrictions, so as soon as the testing requirements were relaxed we were off for a road trip to Florida. Our CX3 performed flawlessly and with gas at the time between $4 to $4.50 US$, it only cost us US$330 in fuel for the entire 4,000+ km round trip from Ontario, Canada. Much less than one airfare and no need to put up with all the BS at the airports lately.

I don't know which 2011 Mazda you use for winter driving, or if your CX3 is AWD, but if your CX3 does have AWD you will miss an opportunity to have a lot of fun in the snow. The CX3 is an absolute blast to drive in the snow. I'm a skier so I will drive through the worst winter conditions to get to a hill. Simply put, this is the best handling car I have ever driven in the snow!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It had been two years since our last vacation thanks to Covid rules and restrictions, so as soon as the testing requirements were relaxed we were off for a road trip to Florida. Our CX3 performed flawlessly and with gas at the time between $4 to $4.50 US$, it only cost us US$330 in fuel for the entire 4,000+ km round trip from Ontario, Canada. Much less than one airfare and no need to put up with all the BS at the airports lately.

I don't know which 2011 Mazda you use for winter driving, or if your CX3 is AWD, but if your CX3 does have AWD you will miss an opportunity to have a lot of fun in the snow. The CX3 is an absolute blast to drive in the snow. I'm a skier so I will drive through the worst winter conditions to get to a hill. Simply put, this is the best handling car I have ever driven in the snow!
I have AWD in CX3 but usually drive the Mazda 2 in snow because of the salt. I hate snow & cold even though I grew up in the Ohio winters. I have driven to Florida several times but I picked my Mustang GT to drive but if I have to do it again I would take the Mazda CX3 because I would like to do road trip. I did get a service recall for the fuel pump but parts aren’t available yet. They discontinued the CX3 here in the US which is disappointing. Enjoy Linda

1 - 7 of 7 Posts