Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have mixed feelings about parting ways with my CX-3. I've always been a huge Mazda fan and the CX-3 was my 5th one. Previous to my CX-3, I had a BMW x1 lease. At the lease end, I went back to Mazda. I purchased one of the first CX-3's available in the US and really enjoyed it - although I only put 9400 miles in 2.5 years - it's really a fantastic vehicle. The next owner will get a well cared for and loved vehicle.

When BMW introduced the x2, it's like they got in my head and made me the perfect vehicle that I could not pass up. So yesterday I said goodbye Mazda and purchased the BMW.

Bye lil Mazda :crying:

Hello my new baby:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Please report back to us how your CX-4 ... errrr, exTwo does over time ;-)

Beautiful vehicle is the X2 ... particularly jealous of your Recaro-esque front seats!

·
Super Moderator
109 Posts
Sad to see you go. Congrats on the new ride though, great color. The seats look great, but man, I just can't get over that BMW dashboard. The 1980's are calling and they want their dash design back!

The photos are a 1999 X5 and the 2018 X2.

Attachments

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks :) I'll be around here still but not sure for how long. It's been a part of my routine.

Indeed, BMW evolves their interiors (slowly) by design but materials and tech keep them current.

Today I had the front windows tinted and the orange fender reflectors blacked out.

·
Super Moderator
109 Posts
Do you know if the c-pillar badges are removable? They almost seem out of place, but without them maybe the c-pillar would look too "fat"?

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The sheetmetal at the C pillar badges is recessed so removing them is a no go. The badges are certainly controversial. BMW says they are to evoke the CS/CSL couples which is a stretch. As is BMW attempting to call the x2 a "sports activity coupe" :rolleyes: Someone needs to tell BMW's marketing department to settle down.

·
Super Moderator
109 Posts
The sheetmetal at the C pillar badges is recessed so removing them is a no go. The badges are certainly controversial. BMW says they are to evoke the CS/CSL couples which is a stretch. As is BMW attempting to call the x2 a "sports activity coupe" :rolleyes: Someone needs to tell BMW's marketing department to settle down.
Hahaha. I remember when the X5 came out they made a big deal about it not being an SUV, but a SAV. I guess that has not changed! Keep us updated with your review of the car.

I'm not a SUV buyer, but wanted a small AWD Mazda (I'm a loyal Mazda fan via the Miata). If they had offered the 3 in awd or the 6 wagon in awd (and manual!) like they do in Europe, I would be all over that. The CX-3 is just too underpowered for me. I have been thinking of taking the plunge and getting a Focus RS while I still can.

Reactions: DJ9999

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Not seen an X2 before - it looks sensational.

By the way DJ, I don’t think you should leave the forum, you’ve got tons of CX-3 experience to share.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll be here for awhile. But do need to pass my moderator title on to someone else....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts