Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I notice that my "average speed" reading is at 27 mph, every day, since I bought the car roughly seven weeks ago. Does anyone know what time period it uses to give that reading? Is it per trip? The lifetime of the vehicle? It seems wrong that it would never change.

Thanks for any feedback.

·
Registered
893 Posts
You have to reset it manually, so it's basically calculating from whenever the last reset was, if ever. I generally reset all those readings with every gas fill up.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have to reset it manually, so it's basically calculating from whenever the last reset was, if ever. I generally reset all those readings with every gas fill up.
Oh, cool, thanks! Okay, how can one reset that? I usually like to figure these things out and/or read the manual (seriously - I've been reading that manual a lot), but today, I'm lazy. If you'd like to tell me how to do it, I'd be happy to reset it before my soul-crushing commute home. :)

Edit: I bet I hold the info buttons or something. Until they beep and/or squirt water in my eye. Amirite?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Okay, failure on my part so far. How do I reset average speed? I have the info rocker switch on my steering wheel that I use to cycle through average mpg, average mph, how many miles left in the tank, etc., but what am I pressing down / holding to reset average speed?

Note: Holding down the info button zeros my average mpg, but NOT my average speed, which remains at 27mph, no matter what.

·
Registered
118 Posts
...Note: Holding down the info button zeros my average mpg, but NOT my average speed, which remains at 27mph, no matter what.
Well that's odd, I've just tried it on mine. With the vehicle stopped, ignition on, cycle the display with the INFO button until average speed is displayed, then press and hold the up arrow on the INFO button for over 1.5 seconds until the display shows ---mph.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep you have to scroll to the setting you want then hold the info button to reset it. Sorry I didn't mention that previously.
I've been doing that, but I have a feeling that if I do it again tonight, after you and jtonline both mentioned it... it will work. I'll report back tomorrow!

Thanks, folks. :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've been doing that, but I have a feeling that if I do it again tonight, after you and jtonline both mentioned it... it will work. I'll report back tomorrow!

Thanks, folks. :)
Still nothing. It actually doesn't zero anything when I hold the info button rocker switch down (or press it up) -- I was wrong yesterday about it zero-ing out my mpg. It's just that when you're stopped, it shows "--------" as your mpg, so I thought it was zero-ing things out.

So! I'm still frozen at 27mph as my average speed, permanently. Anyone have any ideas of how I can reset those readings? I tried holding the info rocker switch for a few seconds, for five seconds, for ten... I tried asking it nicely... nothing.

More notes: I've tried this at stoplights with car running, and at home with car running but in Park. I've also tried it without the engine running at all (just everything else on).

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sarah, here is the relevant part of the Owner's Manual: Trip Computer and INFO Switch (Some Models) If yours doesn't do anything, then I guess you'll have to take it in to your dealer.
It's time to call the dealership to see if there's some easy fix for poor Manuel. Thanks for your help and patience, everyone!

(OMG IT NEVER GETS OLD -- I NAMED THE CAR MANUEL BECAUSE I CAN'T GET A CX-3 WITH A MANUAL TRANSMISSION ON THIS CONTINENT. That's me hoping Mazda likes to read all-caps prayers for stick shifts in a market that, for the most part, doesn't want them.)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sarah,

You can go to the settings menu (sorry, I do not have the manual in front of me) and it gives you an option to reset all of your averages when you reset the trip mileage (top right button, which also controls the brightness of the dash lights). That being said, even though all of my averages for that tank of gas reset, my MPH does not. Scroll through your averages until you come upon MPH. Press the center (not up or down) on the rocker switch and hold. It should reset in a second or so.

·
Registered
303 Posts
From the manual for Manuel

Average vehicle speed mode
This mode displays the average vehicle speed by calculating the distance and the time traveled since connecting the battery or resetting the data.
Average vehicle speed will be calculated and displayed every 10 seconds.
To clear the data being displayed, press the INFO button for more than 1.5 seconds.
After pressing the INFO button, - - - km/h (- - - mph) will be displayed for about 1 minute before the vehicle speed is recalculated and displayed.

I believe the issue is.
Press the Info button
Not the up arrow
Not the down arrow
Press in the middle

:nerd:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Sarah,

You can go to the settings menu (sorry, I do not have the manual in front of me) and it gives you an option to reset all of your averages when you reset the trip mileage (top right button, which also controls the brightness of the dash lights). That being said, even though all of my averages for that tank of gas reset, my MPH does not. Scroll through your averages until you come upon MPH. Press the center (not up or down) on the rocker switch and hold. It should reset in a second or so.
We have a winner! I finally realized last night that there was a little raised bump in the MIDDLE of the rocker switch. I pressed and held that and was delighted with the result. Glorious victory was mine.

Thank you, folks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts