Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Saw something pointed out on another forum (HRV) I found disturbing. The is only one factory in Japan to produce this little jewel. Its selling much better than anticipated in markets already served. Could U.S.introduction be delayed?
If not, what will be the chances of getting the options you want, at dealer with a cooperative attitude. It could be a long time before the situation will favor the buyer.:(

·
Registered
275 Posts
This could very well be the case and even when we do get them, initially they'll more than likely be spec'd out to what Mazda thinks will appeal to its average buyer. Then custom orders that take time.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've been concerned about this too. Demand appears to be at least triple what they were expecting. It already sounds like the expected arrival in North America has gone from "Summer 2015" to "Fall 2015".

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am thinking early next yr before we will see a flood of these at the dealerships here in the U.S...If it is release by September or October the most I think you will fine is just a few here and there...which will lead into the winter months...

·
Registered
190 Posts
I would hope that they will limit the allocation to different regions so that even if there is a waiting list, the lists will be semi-reasonable in wait time. I don't think that everyone in Japan will be first to get theirs, and then everyone in North America, etc...

·
Registered
275 Posts
I would hope that they will limit the allocation to different regions so that even if there is a waiting list, the lists will be semi-reasonable in wait time. I don't think that everyone in Japan will be first to get theirs, and then everyone in North America, etc...
It will also be good to account for an even spread of availability and allocation, something that helps both Mazda and consumers over a specific region and regions.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've heard June and that North America is a priority for them...Although I guess thats no guarantee...
If we are the priority, how is it they are being delivered all over Asia ,Australia and Europe ahead of us? Hate to know when the deliveries would start were we not.

·
Registered
168 Posts
If we are the priority, how is it they are being delivered all over Asia ,Australia and Europe ahead of us? Hate to know when the deliveries would start were we not.
So they can build up stock while servicing lower volume markets. Image the SNAFU if we were the intro market and they they had to start peeling volume away to service Europe and Asia, waiting lists would increase exponentially. The people would demand communism!!!

Plus fickle North Americans who absolutely must maximize their bang for buck are allowed to read the overseas review and decide the CX-3 is awesome before they even get a brochure...

·
Registered
94 Posts
So I contacted a few dealerships in my area through their email portals. One emailed me back immediately; I was very impressed. Another called me later in the day after I had gone home from work. Oddly enough, the closest dealer didn't even respond. I will probably try again later to cover all of my bases.

The first dealer that responded mentioned that they are expecting August 2015. However, the second dealer said that they weren't expecting them until October or even November 2015! So it has me wondering if there are specific dealerships that are getting them first.

I also asked them if there were any upcoming events that they were aware of that the CX-3 might appear at. I know there was an Autoblog event where they managed to convince Mazda to bring a new MX-5 Miata to a Coney Island and show it off. So it's not entirely out of reason that they may have the CX-3 show up at some events. They were not aware of any events at this time, but said that they would let me know if they did hear about any. I'll pass on the info if I do hear about something, although I don't know of anyone else here from Michigan.

·
Registered
38 Posts
At the rate that Mazda is going about this, I would say we here in the U.S won't see the CX3 till late fall with a few models and colors trickling to dealer...2016 I believe this would be more readily available.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Release date

I had one local dealer email me that they expect to have one for test drive at the end of May. They are supposed to let me know as soon as it arrives. Maybe I should call the other dealers in nearby cities to see what they say. Most of them are not good about answering emails with any useful info. I'm in Central OH. Hope she was right- I have been waiting so long for the right SUV for me and I think this might be it. Not sure I care for the screen on top of the dash, but other than that it looks great. If I don't like the test drive I will be getting the CX5, which I test drove at the car show in Columbus. I was so disappointed they didn't have a CX3 there :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.