Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Usually people don't buy the Mazda CX-3 with the intent to install and body kit and tune it, but it's great to know that AutoExe has created a body kit and suspension upgrade package for those that want to take their CX-3 to the next level.

AutoExe's body kit starts with an insert that mounts to the front bumper and gives the CX-3 a more muscular look. It's worth noting that this insert affects ground clearance, so don't go cruising over any larger speed bumps. Also at the front end are new LED lights and a brand new grille.

Moving to the back of the CX-3, there is a new large spoiler that adds to the vehicle's sport looks. There is also a new exhaust system with twin pipes that are mounted in the centre of the rear bumper.

Perhaps more exciting to people may be the suspension upgrades. The AutoExe CX-3 gets lower springs, stiffer shots, anti-roll bars, a tower brace and other body stiffeners. If you really want to go all out, you can opt for performance air filters and interior inserts too.

Check out a full gallery of the AutoExe Mazda CX-3 here.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Not so much a fan of the back but the front grille and bumper look really good. makes me want to debadge the grille. I think it looks really nice.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Not so much a fan of the back but the front grille and bumper look really good. makes me want to debadge the grille. I think it looks really nice.
We are all going to have different opinions on this .
Like the center mounted exhaust tips, but would not pay for it. Air dam is a step backward from the original clean front end, and adds vulnerability in an all too vulnerable area. I'm with you on the badge removal but would not sub another. I would even do that myself.
Rear wing is silly.
Like the stock 18s better.
Think I'll save my money.

Thanks for posting Frank.

·
Registered
275 Posts
anyone here NOT a fan of that center exhaust setup because to me it just doesn't look right at all, could have been executed much better.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, I don't really like it. It just doesn't look quite right. I think a double exhaust split to both sides or on either side would be better.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
That thing on the front just looks cheap and tacky.

I wouldn't fit any of it. I think they'll have to wait until they get in the hands of 17 year olds before they sell any.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I like the rear bumper but the front lip is ... aweful !

I prefer by far the mazda accessory lip ... that is not on sale yet XD

·
Registered
275 Posts
Now that I revisit this, i'm starting to think if there was just one thing I could add to a CX-3 of mine... it would be that grille!

Anyone else here interested in that grille?

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I'll go with the one it comes with.

I reckon it took a seven year old five minutes to knock that lot up. Admittedly the grill is the best bit but that's only because it doesn't look stuck on with blutac.

·
Registered
106 Posts
To be honnest, I pretty much like the OEM grill with the Mazda logo, at least as much as the AutoEXE grill.
At that point, I wouldn't pay for something that would not be an upgrade or something that I don't like more that something I already have.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Now that I revisit this, i'm starting to think if there was just one thing I could add to a CX-3 of mine... it would be that grille!

Anyone else here interested in that grille?
I agree. I will be looking for a blacked out grill. The ease of swapping it out would play a big part of the decision though. I haven't looked at length but I don't think the swap would be easy. Just blacking out the badge wouldn't work because the chrome stripes on the grill would just make it look like there was a hole there.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I like the grill. Center exhaust is a good alternative, but not paying for it.
Dampers look like generic pics. CX-3 rear springs are not coil over and this doesn't show how the springs will mount with no top hats.

·
Registered
193 Posts
To me the most interesting parts are the springs, stiffer shocks, sway bars, front shock tower brace and under-body stiffeners. As the CX3 matures more companies will offer aftermarket goodies.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hell, you can call up Dynotronics and other Miata tuners now and bump power like 20+ HP from just premium gas tune.
The new Miata uses same engine and they got from 145 HP at the wheel to 165 HP at the wheel on dyno.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Center exhaust eliminates the ability to install a receiver for a trailer, mounting a bike rack, etc. Overall, I'm just not feeling this kit. It has a very "aftermarket" feel, and not in a good way. Just looks kind of cheap. I do like what I've seen of the DAMD kit though.

·
Registered
303 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
I wouldn't want to lower it,but I wouldn't mind a stiffer suspension for handling.My last car was a pocket rocket and if I wanted to buy a car like that I would.
IMO you are ruining the idea behind a CUV it is just a smaller SUV and fields a niche in the market but to each there own.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts