Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
For what it is worth we have just over 20K miles on my wife's 2016 CX3. My daughter has a 2017 with nearly 40K on it. No problems with either transmission so far...

·
Registered
37 Posts
So recently sold my OEM 18” rims to a man who owned a 2016 Mazda Cx3. What was interesting is that he told me he had a complete transmission failure, where it completely grenaded in stop and go traffic. I asked how many kilometres he had and was shocked by the little he did. (20,000 KM) Got me thinking I must be one of the few 2016 models with no problems... (Knock in wood) recently just hit over 80,000 Kms and everything has been routine maintenance. If honest little surprised, I drive my Cx3 like a rally car! I off-road it and drive quite spiritedly through the mountains almost on a daily occurrence. Raises the question has anyone with the 2016 model year have any problems besides the transmission?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Have a 2016 CX3 bought in the Fall of 2015. No problems at all and I drive in nasty Canadian Winters.

I am wondering if the problems happen to AWD cars or only to FWD ones. Anyone know?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hmmm all very interesting... looks to be very random. Been trying to narrow down what models and year but there doesn’t seem to be any patterns. Overall have to say my Mazda has been leaps and bounds ahead of my 2008 Volkswagen GLI in regards to reliability. No real shocker I guess though.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I think the ongoing joke is that you can tell when theres a VW meet by the orange glow of their CEL on the horizon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2016 CX-3 Maxx FWD 2.0L Auto. 67000 km. Started making a whining sound a few weeks ago. Took it to Mazda. Diagnosed auto transmission renewal required. Car-less for 8 days . Gearbox and transmission replaced and picked up today. I hope all is good now...........

81 - 87 of 87 Posts