Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Erm, sorry to the original poster of the thread for this monumental hijacking of this thread.

I can't remember the details of the deal but there is no doubt I lost money albeit not as much as I expected. What did they say?

They were absolutely delighted. Were they gutted that I'd not been at one with my CX-3? Nah, they just wanted my money and another sale ;-).

·
Registered
274 Posts
Erm, sorry to the original poster of the thread for this monumental hijacking of this thread.

I can't remember the details of the deal but there is no doubt I lost money albeit not as much as I expected. What did they say?

They were absolutely delighted. Were they gutted that I'd not been at one with my CX-3? Nah, they just wanted my money and another sale ;-).
So it's not true "Dirty deeds done dirt cheap" (AC/DC). At least you've made the dealer happy. Well, from the pics you've kindly shown us of your CX-5 you've ended up with a beautiful looking mode of transport. And, thanks for the extra info (video) you supplied about the soul red paint....most interesting....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys, thought I'd throw my hat into the "f*ck my transmission" ring. Dropped it off at the dealer last night. Basically I explained it as "you know how when you're learning to drive a stick and can't get into first? And you're revving the engine and then get nervous and dump the clutch and you jerk a bunch and peel wheels?? Yeah, it's like my car is learning how to drive a manual when I go from reverse to drive."

Sorry I'm not technical about this kind of stuff, but that's seriously exactly what's going on in super simple terms. Hopefully they can get it fixed (it has like 15k miles on it) but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go back to being a Honda-douche after this :(
Hey, quick update: the first time, the dealership gave me the car back and said they couldn't replicate the issue. On Monday, the car wouldn't get into first when I stopped in traffic, or at a light, etc, etc. I mean, it would, after revving and squealing and acting a fool. Took it back in yesterday after I almost stalled on 295 (in Maryland -- you don't want to stall there).

So, the service adviser parked my car (on a hill) and it wouldn't even get into gear to avoid drifting backwards into the car behind it. She legitimately said "I can't believe you drove that all the way to Fort Meade and back; I would have been terrified."

Needless to say, I got a voicemail confirming that my trans crapped the bed and they should have the new trans by Friday. Will let ya'll know what happens.

Reactions: Sarah

·
Registered
90 Posts
Are there similar experiences with defective transmissions in the European versions of the CX-3 2.0 150bhp AWD with automatic transmission?

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Are there similar experiences with defective transmissions in the European versions of the CX-3 2.0 150bhp AWD with automatic transmission?
It's the same gearbox bjn, put it that way.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Last Sunday i went to a BMW dealer to try a 118d automatic. Went straight back home and put the cx-3 on the market.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Defective Tranmission 2016 CX3 GT AWD

Just passed 24000km on the odometer and the brand new 2016 CX3 GT AWD I bought a year ago has a complete transmission failure.

I had to bring it into the dealership (Stoney Trail Mazda) in Calgary AB Canada for a period of 4 weeks.

They had to replace the complete transmission which took 2 weeks and after the replacement there was still noises coming from the vehicle, they took another two weeks to find out what was wrong and was complete clueless.

They told me they did further work by replacing the fly wheel and a number of other parts.

The dealership is making an effort and did fix everything without further cost to me and did provide a rental vehicle which I appreciate greatly.

However, I completely lost confidence in Mazda as a company. I've been a long time Mazda owner and the fact that the dealership is not stepping up to replace a clearly lemon/defective vehicle is really upsetting.

Mazda CX3 owners watch out for your transmission!!!!!

It's the same issue as addressed in previous posts. There's a lag in acceleration from stop to go. And once you pull to a complete stop, after a few seconds of stopping it feels like someone hit you from behind you'll feel a sudden jolt come from the car.

I've still have a 16 year old Miata in my garage that is trouble free, Mazda quality has really fallen from where it used to be.

This will be the last Mazda I will ever own.

·
Registered
871 Posts
It is unfortunate that you've had this experience. While it is frustrating, it sounds like everything has been done to satisfy the problem. Has it finally been resolved?

I wouldn't associate an issue experienced with declining quality across the board and write off the brand. If anything, Mazda has improved in quality - especially since phasing out its Ford supplied parts. No manufacture is perfect, each having failures of their own.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Unfortunately, Canada does not have "lemon laws" like they have in the U.S. But we do have CAMVAP, which has been known to resolve issues in the consumer's favour from time to time and on occasion will see that the consumer gets a new car when it is obvious that he has been given a defective one.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
There is a TSB on that issue. I'm sure it calls for the gearbox computer re mapped rather than replaced.

·
Registered
106 Posts
... Mazda quality has really fallen from where it used to be.

I am very sorry that this happened to you, what with the time and frustration that must come with it. If you go to any forum regarding any model/manufacturer, you will find similar life occurrences such as you have experienced. That being said, I believe your faulty transmission (and associated problems) are the exception to a fine product. This is my third Mazda, dating back to my '02 Protege5 (which I easily amassed 200,000KM) and I have never had a single problem. I will stand by Mazda's reputation, but if this has you put off the brand, I would completely understand.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just passed 24000km on the odometer and the brand new 2016 CX3 GT AWD I bought a year ago has a complete transmission failure.

I had to bring it into the dealership (Stoney Trail Mazda) in Calgary AB Canada for a period of 4 weeks.

They had to replace the complete transmission which took 2 weeks and after the replacement there was still noises coming from the vehicle, they took another two weeks to find out what was wrong and was complete clueless.

They told me they did further work by replacing the fly wheel and a number of other parts.

The dealership is making an effort and did fix everything without further cost to me and did provide a rental vehicle which I appreciate greatly.

However, I completely lost confidence in Mazda as a company. I've been a long time Mazda owner and the fact that the dealership is not stepping up to replace a clearly lemon/defective vehicle is really upsetting.

Mazda CX3 owners watch out for your transmission!!!!!

It's the same issue as addressed in previous posts. There's a lag in acceleration from stop to go. And once you pull to a complete stop, after a few seconds of stopping it feels like someone hit you from behind you'll feel a sudden jolt come from the car.

I've still have a 16 year old Miata in my garage that is trouble free, Mazda quality has really fallen from where it used to be.

You wrote: "Just passed 24000km on the odometer and the brand new 2016 CX 3 GT AWD I bought a year ago har complete transmission failure."
I just need to understand, that you have a "brand new" 2016 CX-3 that you bought last year (2015)? presumably produced at least 3-4 months before it is put on sale, in my world it's a 2015 model, I think that hopefully there has been a development in the case in the past year

I write it because I've looked through the posts to try to see if there is a "pattern" that could indicate whether these errors experienced on some auto gearboxes could be related to the earliest production of CX-3, or also occur on the newest cars supplied. One could hope that Mazda might have solved the problem (if there is one?) Silently without informing about it, it is seen before with several automakers.

Here in Denmark we often get the "new" models last because we are such a small country that does not have much importance for carmakers. It does mean that we due to late release do not often get cars that are the "series 0", ie, with many "teething" problems.
I asked my local Mazda pusher about these gearbox problems, and he said that they had not encountered specific problems on either CX-3 or 5, relate gearboxes so far....
I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will not be the first :D

·
Registered
871 Posts
Whats an TSB ??
Technical Service Bulletin. They are not severe like a Recall. Just an identified issues that needs addressed, typically when the vehicle is next serviced.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
I’ve had a look and the TSB I read was to do with the CX-5 and the 2.2 diesel so not at all relevant to the CX-3. We’ll leave this pinned for a while longer but I’m beginning to think there is very little to worry about on this subject.

·
Registered
141 Posts
OMG, bro I feel like mine might be having that issue too. I posted about it somewhere earlier on this forum, but since then it has been getting sig worse. Yesterday I was driving in the country mountains and the car had trouble going from 40-50 mph. It would start revving super hard and barely accelerating!

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
You'll have to talk to them. I'd rather they plays computer games with the software than change the box. Getting a pukka mechanic whole put it in as good as the factory did is a bit hit and miss.

41 - 60 of 88 Posts