Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im noticing my auto headlights are becoming less and less sensitive. They used to trigger as soon as I entered my garage (both work and home), now I drive significantly further into the garage until they trigger. Its just as dark as before - no additional daylight is entering with the change in seasons.

Yesterday I drove through several dark tunnels on the freeway and other cars with auto lights triggered upon entry. Mine triggered half way through and then stayed on well past me exiting the tunnel. I drove for about a 1/2 mile on a floating bridge, no trees around or clouds in sight - this was at 11:30 am driving East. They still remained on.

Anyone else have an issue? Is my sensor failing? Thoughts? Thanks!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hmm where is the sensor located? any chance it's being covered by soot / dust / grime?

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My CX3 only has 3k miles and is immaculate.

I believe the sensor is on top the dashboard.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
You can alter the sensitivity in the settings menu. I know it shouldn't have change on its own but it's worth having a fiddle to see if it makes a difference. I changed mine to low because it was messing about at dusk - flashing off and on etc.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I did adjust the setting from high to low to high (no difference really on mine) and even did a "reset settings" in hopes it would go back to normal. No change :(

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
The only other thing you can try is to see if the sensor is clean. Its up on the screen - see attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't have that problem, but regarding auto lights, I find it too bad that the lights won't turn on automatically when it's raining.(even on max sensitivity)

I had that feature on my previous car and it was great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts