Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
I've not seen anyone posting that they've installed this but that doesn't mean no one has tried it. The post leaves me questioning the reliability and operation of it. Thats a complex install with a lot of wires to run. Then dealing with a fob to activate it.

For me, I like the CX3 as is. The hatch lid is light and small so its easy to to use without the need for theatrics. I've been in other CUV/SUV with clunky, cumbersome hatch doors and the auto feature is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Apparently there is something wrong with the CX3 liftgate and it is the subject of a recent recall. Has anyone had their liftgate mechanisms fail and cause the hatch to actually fall off? Sounds pretty extreme to me :eek:

·
Registered
234 Posts
According to the recall there are no reported cases of accidents related to the hatch falling...yet. This recall is also applies to the CX5 and Mazda 3s which uses identical gas struts. The recall states that its salt that gets to the shiny sliding bit and corrodes the shaft which then does not support the hatch.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I'm planning on taking my car for the recall along with 10,000 mile maintenance in the coming weeks. It's not a serious thing where I need to take it right now for the recall.

·
Registered
144 Posts
According to the recall there are no reported cases of accidents related to the hatch falling...yet. This recall is also applies to the CX5 and Mazda 3s which uses identical gas struts. The recall states that its salt that gets to the shiny sliding bit and corrodes the shaft which then does not support the hatch.
Should we have been notified?

·
Registered
451 Posts
I guess we should probably keep the shiny sliding bits clean between uses until they replace the struts. Each use gets a wipe before closing. Here in Ontario Canada it can get pretty salty on the roads in winter.

·
Registered
234 Posts
As of today 9/19 the recall has not been formally announced as parts are still being set. I was told that it will begin at the end of this month. So far I have worked on many of the affected vehicles (ranging from Mazda 3, Mazda 5, CX3, CX5 and the 2s) and none have the issue so this seems just a measure to ensure it will not happen, especially since there are no reported incidents of the hatch falling on any body yet. So just wait for your letter that will notify you when your parts are available and may have them done at a dealer. Also side note there is a TSB for those with rattling spoilers when shutting the rear hatch. There is a fix for it using new clips and foam to close the gap that rattles the spoiler.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts