Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Keeping the record straight. (Australia)

I've seen posted lists for Mazda service. They are out of date. Also, in the Mazda users manual the service schedule is listed incorrectly.

It still shows services scheduled for 6Mths/10,000km which ever is the sooner.

In actual fact it's now 12Mths/10,000km which ever is the sooner.

See attached schedules.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Keeping the record straight. (Australia)

I've seen posted lists for Mazda service. They are out of date. Also, in the Mazda users manual the service schedule is listed incorrectly.

It still shows services scheduled for 6Mths/10,000km which ever is the sooner.

In actual fact it's now 12Mths/10,000km which ever is the sooner.

See attached schedules.
It gives me the creeps paying all that money for an oil change and rotating the tyres. The rest of those items will be inspected while the mechanic or semi skilled labourer is doing the above. In a well equipped workshop, not more than an hour.

·
Registered
893 Posts
That's pretty expensive, no wonder you guys service once a year lol. My first maintenance at 6000 miles was about $60 here, that's for oil change, tire rotation, and whatever inspections they do.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gives me the creeps as well anchorman but, what is/was even worse was when it was the 6Mths/10,000km system. You may have ONLY done say 7,000km but still got the 10,000km service. For those not driving many K's you could end up with having all the services say up to 100,000km but only clocked up maybe 60,000km. At least going to 12Mths is a bit better.

On my previous car for the 20,000km service I caught them out NOT even doing the tyre rotation. After apologies they gave me the next service "free of charge". I took up their offer THEN, never went back. They not only lost me as a customer, they lost me full stop as I didn't got near them when looking for a new car.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's pretty expensive, no wonder you guys service once a year lol. My first maintenance at 6000 miles was about $60 here, that's for oil change, tire rotation, and whatever inspections they do.
Greaseman, you said "That's pretty expensive, no wonder you guys service once a year" makes it sound like "us guys" had anything to do with it. Mazda only did that because the likes of Hyundai and Kia are giving 5yr and 7yr warranties respectively. What I'd really like to see Mazda do is give at least 4yrs. ARE YOU READING THIS MAZDA......Time to lift your game.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The 12 month schedule was originally advertised as opt in if you were eligible (ie based on what climate zone you are from and your driving patterns)

Consumer laws are pretty bad in Australia when it comes to cars. I'd honestly just be happy with the standard warranty if the legislation was updated to include a lemon clause - such as a buy back or exchange after X amount of warranty claims.

Have you checked to see if you are automatically covered by a 5 year warranty if the car is serviced exclusively through Mazda? this was pretty much the standard of what was on offer from the Sydney dealerships when I bought mine over a year ago.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The 12 month schedule was originally advertised as opt in if you were eligible (ie based on what climate zone you are from and your driving patterns)

Consumer laws are pretty bad in Australia when it comes to cars. I'd honestly just be happy with the standard warranty if the legislation was updated to include a lemon clause - such as a buy back or exchange after X amount of warranty claims.

Have you checked to see if you are automatically covered by a 5 year warranty if the car is serviced exclusively through Mazda? this was pretty much the standard of what was on offer from the Sydney dealerships when I bought mine over a year ago.
The 12Mth schedule WAS IT (No opt in or driving pattern stuff).

Could not agree more about Consumer laws. The lemon clause sounds good to me, as does your "buy back or exchange after X amount of warranty claims".

I'm covered by a 6yr warranty. 3yr Mazda--3yr dealer. The dealer warranty is not as good as the Mazda one. I think my dealer is the only one offering 6yrs. That's only to get one up on the competing dealers (There are another two dealers in close proximately). Of course it's only valid IF I get my car serviced at THAT dealership.

Bought mine just on 2 months ago.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Greaseman, you said "That's pretty expensive, no wonder you guys service once a year" makes it sound like "us guys" had anything to do with it. Mazda only did that because the likes of Hyundai and Kia are giving 5yr and 7yr warranties respectively. What I'd really like to see Mazda do is give at least 4yrs. ARE YOU READING THIS MAZDA......Time to lift your game.
Not saying you guys have anything to do with it, just an observation :)

Kia/Hyundai over here offers 10 year /100,000 mile warranties. No one else comes close.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts