Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked today and there is an update to Mazda Toolbox. Plus for those who use the NAV system on their CX-3 and live in the US, new maps were uploaded for August 2021. Worked fine on mine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is this dealer installed? Or is there a way to download updates thru cellphone when plugged into car usb?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is for the Mazda OEM NAV system. It comes standard on the GT models but can be added to others through purchase of an SD card on eBay or from your dealer. Insert and wham you have NAV.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have it on my 2018 cx3 touring but I wasn’t sure if the updates are automatic or dealer installed

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You use Mazda Toolbox and install the updates using that. You will need a computer with an SD port.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have it on my 2018 cx3 touring but I wasn’t sure if the updates are automatic or dealer installed

They can be user installed. You need a PC with either a Windows or Apple Mac OSX operating system to install the Mazda Toolbox software needed for the download and install process. Check out the information here :- JCI Mazda

NB: Complimentary map updates are available for three years, commencing when the vehicle has traveled 100km (63 miles) with the SD card inserted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I checked today and there is an update to Mazda Toolbox. Plus for those who use the NAV system on their CX-3 and live in the US, new maps were uploaded for August 2021. Worked fine on mine.
I got my SD card, downloaded Toolbox, went through the whole process to update and found out it costs $87 for a year probably because mine's a 2017. I don't use it enough to spend the money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts