Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I used to get the voice conversion message from an incoming text message. The notification comes up that I have received an incoming message, would I like to read it. If I am driving, it usually goes to a voice/audio message. However if I press play, nothing comes up and the play either goes to pause or play again.
If I stop the vehicle the message is displayed in the text box area. But still no voice message. Even if I play other old messages that I have heard in the past.

Is this a warranty issue or is it a network thing?
There is no where in the settings, other than a factory default reset, that I can adjust.
Thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
Have you checked the volume while the text comes in or when listening to old messages? It may have been inadvertently turned down. Other than that, I have no idea - sorry!

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
It happened to mine. JT Online told me to unpair and repair the phone and it worked.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I unpaired my phone and re-paired it and the same issue exists. Then I tried allowing my phone to do this "speech to text" thing but I have a feeling its for something else. It began announcing who is calling! I guess I won't really know if it works til I get a text message while I am driving.

Now it appears to show the message at least, but only when I am stopped in park. I need to hear the message if I am driving!

·
Registered
240 Posts
@zbgirl the only thing I can think of is just like mentioned above maybe you have accidentally turned the system volume down. I did that before because I was tired of being told I was speeding haha, Also doubel check the volume on your phone is turned up, if it is paired and you have turned the Bluetooth volume down on your phone you most likely won't here it either.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I re-paired it and did not get it working how it used to work. So then I reset to factory settings. And it worked!
Odd.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also I enabled on my samsung note 3 phone....speech to text and now I get these lovely notifications of who is calling or texting me. I can't decide yet how irritating that will be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts