Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was researching information on the CX-3, and since Australia seems to have more information and test drives done already, I checked out Mazda's Australia website. Since the CX-3 interior is based on the Mazda2 interior, I went to the Mazda2 section and saw they have an armrest accessory available.

Accessory Details

It is nice to know there will be one available most likely for the US, but it doesn't seem very user friendly since it pretty much covers up the cup holders, unless you have a can or small cup, and the cups would be hard to access :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will probably be somewhere in the $200-300 range once it hits EBay or Amazon sellers I bet. It is a bit pricey though. I am concerned more of the functionality with the cup holders.

·
Registered
83 Posts
That is quite a lot for an arm rest but i'm not too surprised as it being an official part... it's expected.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In a couple of the pics of the cx-3 out there, you can spot the open bin at the back of the center console and no armrest. The cup holders are further back as well. They should use the electronic parking brake from the 2016 cx-5 and 6, so there is more room for storage and the cup holders closer to the front of the console.

·
Registered
190 Posts
It does seem pricey, but an armrest is pretty essential. That is the type of thing that I would spend money on as it seems like a necessity.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Now we know there are often differences in kit between markets. Anyone else think that Mazda will comp the armrest in the USA?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Now we know there are often differences in kit between markets. Anyone else think that Mazda will comp the armrest in the USA?
If they're taking in all the disappointment on the missing arm rest, then it will be in their best interest to make it available in some future year model.

Weird to not have this of all things.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Storage

One thing that's nice is that the glove box is extra large. I can put the manuals and envelopes in end first and then have lots of room next to them. I think that will help not having the arm rest storage. If you had the arm rest storage compartment, you wouldn't have any room for drinks in the cup holders and the arm rest would have to be in the up direction. I hope nothing slides around too much in that case.
I wish the arm rest was able to flip all the way back to give elbow room when getting a drink out of the cup holders. Or, have the arm rest simply slide to the back when needing to use the cup holders instead of lifting up.
To give more room in the glove box, I attached a narrow plastic container to the left side so that I can have pens, combs, etc readily available and not have to search all over in there for them. :)
I'd like to experiment with a cup holder that could be slid into the end of the arm rest. It would have to be able to not allow drips onto the console, however.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just took a CX-3 GT for a test drive here in Austin. It had a flip-down center armrest like the one pictured above. It sits high enough above the cup holders to clear a regular sized cup. Anything too tall might cause a problem.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Not a big fan of the armrest design. It seems like it'll be hard to maneuver your cup around the armrest to get it out of the holder.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Not a big fan of the armrest design. It seems like it'll be hard to maneuver your cup around the armrest to get it out of the holder.
Agreed, but if you have one of those sports bottles with pop-up tops there's less chance for spills. Starbucks cups... not so much.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Arm rest

I have found that a 16 ounce water bottle fits tightly underneath the armrest. The problem I run into is that to get out the bottles I have to open the armrest all the way up and when I reach for the bottles my elbow hits the armrest and I can't get out the bottle. They armrest either needs to be able to flip all the way back to get easy access to the bottles or it needs to be able to slide back out-of-the-way then it would work fine. In reality they cupholders should've been upfront so that you could reach them easily. I almost have to use my left hand to reach the bottle while I'm holding the steering wheel with the right-hand. There needs to be a special cupholder designed that will slide into the handle where the phones are supposed to be put so that then a large cup can be used while driving. The only precaution on that is what needs to be able to hold water in the cup holder so that liquid would not accidentally from sweat dripped through onto the controls that are below that area.
If you use the storage compartment that is underneath the armrest (which I have seen available in Australia) you would never be able to keep any containers in the cupholders. I guess this is where we need to have a long flexible drinking hoes like they do for Bicycle riders with the water pack on their back.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I got arm rest (Genuine Mazda CX-3 Centre Arm Rest - DB2WV0630) from ebay. The price was about half of what my dealer was asking for.

Installation instructions say that you must remove the center console between the front seats and also the upholstered side panels and panel around the gear shift to install the arm rest bracket.

The instruction have some info but also references to "workshop manual". I have done some audio and alarm installations on my previous cars (Subaru Impreza, Lancer RalliArt, etc.) but I wouldn't want to destroy any parts on a brand-new car (which I'll be getting in about 8 weeks from now).

Does anyone have any tips on how to?

·
Registered
195 Posts
I got arm rest (Genuine Mazda CX-3 Centre Arm Rest - DB2WV0630) from ebay. The price was about half of what my dealer was asking for.

Installation instructions say that you must remove the center console between the front seats and also the upholstered side panels and panel around the gear shift to install the arm rest bracket.

The instruction have some info but also references to "workshop manual". I have done some audio and alarm installations on my previous cars (Subaru Impreza, Lancer RalliArt, etc.) but I wouldn't want to destroy any parts on a brand-new car (which I'll be getting in about 8 weeks from now).

Does anyone have any tips on how to?
Not sure if this helps but maybe this page may have a similar manual to the cx 3.

Master your Mazda | how-to videos & manuals | product features

1 - 20 of 95 Posts