Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new to the forum. I want to retrofit Apple Carplay to my 2019 CX3 (Asia RHD model), it is the facelift model but does not come with Apple Carplay.
To my understanding, the only part that needs to be changed is the USB hub below the AC controls? CMIW

What is the part number for the new USB hub? And what other parts are needed to complete the retrofit? And is it straight forward plug and play or does it requiring a lot of tinkering with the cables and such?

Sorry if it has been asked a million times but I couldn't find a definitive and straight forward solution or guide to completing the retrofit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't know about plug & play........I bought a 2020 CX-3 in January 2021......It didn't have Apple Car Play as standard but dealer offered to fit one in the deal. The invoicing showed up on the contract as around $AUS500. They needed to replace a lot of cabling but I admit I didn't get deeply involved.
Once installed you can get a USB 'gadget' to make it wireless but that doesn't seem important to me.
I think there is more to it than a USB dongle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Retrofit is a pretty straightforward install. Took me about an hour. Yes it is the USB hub, the retrofit also has a new wiring harness that comes with the hub that will need to be attached to the head unit.

The most pain in the rear part of the installation is removing trim and the center console area. This is a good resource for the installation Installing Android Auto / Apple Carplay retrofit in Mazda CX3 - Technicus

As for the part number, I have no idea. I used dealership part catalogs to find my part number.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found the part number TK78-66-9U0C for the USB hub, looks right. However I see prices ranging from $150 USD to $230 USD locally for that part, not sure about the huge discrepancy in price.

I went through some guides on Youtube and I must admit I'm not confident in my ability to DIY it myself in fear that I will break some parts or plastic clips in the process. A local guy who done a few of these offered to do the retrofit for $230 for the part + $50 for the installation. I may go down that route instead.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have apple carplay from stock on my 2020, and to be honest, it doesn't feel at all connected with the mazda infotainment. It feels so disconnected.
I find it difficult to know what you mean.........can you be more specific......in my case it certainly is connected but it does displace the Mazda system when hooked up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here in Belgium my dealer propose to install it for 290 Euros (305 USD) but they have a shortage of parts meaning he can do it only in few months when he receives the part!!! I was planning to go on holiday and would have really like to have carplay install before.
Am really tempted to buy it on Amazon and install it myself. I hear that the most important is to have the Mazda car software with the 70 version before installing carplay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts