Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticed it when i first got the car a month ago but i just now looked into it. it looks like thousands of little tiny scratches all the way across my windshield. during the day you don't see it but at night if i go under a street light you see all of them. it doesn't block my sight but its very distracting. it looks like if little tiny rain droplets was all over my front windshield. another thing i have when i turn off my car ill hear a little squeak noise coming from the passenger side of my car. no idea what that is

IMG_3154.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Never noticed it. Will they polish out?

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Might be worth showing the dealer in case it's a faulty windshield.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I must admit that I have noticed something similar when the light hits the windshield at a certain angle. I used Stoner's cleaner and it is still there. In my case it is like tiny beads of water trapped between the layers of glass.

Having said that, I must admit that I only noticed it once when my car was standing in the driveway and haven't noticed it since. It must be limited to the light hitting at just the right angle.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I must admit that I have noticed something similar when the light hits the windshield at a certain angle. I used Stoner's cleaner and it is still there. In my case it is like tiny beads of water trapped between the layers of glass.

Having said that, I must admit that I only noticed it once when my car was standing in the driveway and haven't noticed it since. It must be limited to the light hitting at just the right angle.
throughout the day you don't notice it. but with me at night and i'm driving under the city lights i see it every time i pass under a street light. its nothing to block me seeing the road but it's very distracting. ill soon decide to take it to the dealer. i live 2 hours from a Mazda Dealership.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I noticed that too. At first I thought it was just my windshield being dirty, but last week I did a full detail on my car including claying the windshield. The outside is smooth (except for the couple of tiny chips from rocks, gotta love road construction) but I can still see these spots. As I drove home tonight I thought maybe they are on the inside so I am going to try and clean the inside really well and if that does not fix the problem I will be going to the dealer.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The Mazda windshield on my cx-3 definitely isn't high end glass, but didnt have your issue. Everything sticks to mine like crazy, Ill end up clay baring and getting it rain-x-ed, eventually.....

·
Registered
274 Posts
Tyreno, those scratches look for all the world like the microfibre fluff that was coming off the cheap microfibre cloths I described in an earlier post (Window Cleaning). Just to be sure it's not that, trying using a good quality microfibre to clean your window. If you have some Isopropyl Alcohol (rubbing alcohol) use that. Surely worth a try.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tyreno, those scratches look for all the world like the microfibre fluff that was coming off the cheap microfibre cloths I described in an earlier post (Window Cleaning). Just to be sure it's not that, trying using a good quality microfibre to clean your window. If you have some Isopropyl Alcohol (rubbing alcohol) use that. Surely worth a try.
its in the glass. you only see it when the sun hits it. or the street lights

·
Registered
274 Posts
I appreciate that it's a pain to go to your dealer (2 hours from a Mazda Dealership) but what choice do you have? As others are suggesting, it may be faulty and just looking at it (no pun intended....well, maybe a little) isn't going to fix it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the same problem. The small scratches are inside the glass and they are visible when the light falls at a certain angle. My dealer is investigating the matter.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Could be dirty environment in the factory trapping dust, other particulates, or maybe very small air bubbles between the layers of glass and plastic film.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mazda will change my windshield next week.

I have the same problem. The small scratches are inside the glass and they are visible when the light falls at a certain angle. My dealer is investigating the matter.
After a few months, MAZDA (in Sweden) has decided that my local workshop is allowed to change the windshield within the current warranty. The car was bought new in November 2015.

I also get a new exterior rearview mirror because the electric motor that folds it has broken.

A few months ago, I got new nozzles for the windscreen wiping, which made a big difference.

I really have to say that MAZDA takes care of its customers in a good way - at least where I live.
:)

·
Registered
212 Posts
A few months ago, I got new nozzles for the windscreen wiping, which made a big difference.
:)
Do you have part numbers for the wiper nozzles? I could ask if they have those in stock here in Finland.

My car was in service last Thursday and got new gas struts for tailgate. They should have fixed the rattling rear spoiler too but they didn't have the parts for that.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Old thread but here goes.

I had my cracked windshield replaced two days ago.
And today was finally a sunny day (we have literally had less than two hours of sunshine this month) and look how my brand new windshield looks like in direct sunlight.

I have tried AuotGlym Fast Glass, Turtle Wax ClearVue Glass Cleaner, windshield washer fluid, dish-washing detergent solution, etc. Inside and out.
Nothing helps. What the f!??

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts