Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on here have it?
Would love to see some pics and find out how big a PITA it is to install?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
272 Posts
That's quite a decent looking lip - is it an official Mazda part? I see it matches the matte-finish side strikes. I nearly wish the front (chrome) grill was the same finish; sometimes it looks a bit off with the two metals clashing in appearance. Either all chrome or all brushed.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the pics it does look sharp.

Yes it is an official Mazda part.

VANDAL - I agree with you, the chrome bits on the car should all be the same finish. I am going to give my front grill the "brushed" look this weekend. I use a Scotchbrite 3M pad. I did it on my Civic I used to have and it came out great. Ill get some pics up when done.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I would like to do both front and rear applications.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Thanks for the pics it does look sharp.

Yes it is an official Mazda part.

VANDAL - I agree with you, the chrome bits on the car should all be the same finish. I am going to give my front grill the "brushed" look this weekend. I use a Scotchbrite 3M pad. I did it on my Civic I used to have and it came out great. Ill get some pics up when done.
Eager to see the results - do you DIY the "cut-out" for the grille? If anyone ever develops a pre-cut vinyl / stick-on for this I'd be first to buy.

·
Registered
451 Posts
It does look sharp. My question is: How strong and heavy is that piece? Would it withstand a gentle thump against a high curbstone or dent in?

·
Registered
272 Posts
It does look sharp. My question is: How strong and heavy is that piece? Would it withstand a gentle thump against a high curbstone or dent in?
Judging from looks it is most likely affixed using double-sided 3M adhesive (like double sided tape - if you've ever installed a trunk lip spoiler, same thing)

That stuff sticks like a b!tch and no bumps on the road could ever dislodge that. The only instance where it may potentially fall off is when temperature changes (gets cold) the glue loses some of it's bonding capabilities.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Judging from looks it is most likely affixed using double-sided 3M adhesive (like double sided tape - if you've ever installed a trunk lip spoiler, same thing)

That stuff sticks like a b!tch and no bumps on the road could ever dislodge that. The only instance where it may potentially fall off is when temperature changes (gets cold) the glue loses some of it's bonding capabilities.
If it is 3M VHB tape (likely), most grades in that product line are rated for temperatures down to -35C and as high as +149C.

Adhesion quality and durability is highly dependent on getting the surfaces as clean as possible and, in some cases, using a promoter agent. 3M normally recommends using a fairly strong mix of isopropyl alcohol on a lint-free cloth for prepping the areas.

Reactions: VANDAL

·
Registered
29 Posts
Anyone on here have it?
Would love to see some pics and find out how big a PITA it is to install?
Thanks in advance!
I installed both the front and rear bumper trim pieces to my CX3 a few months ago.
http://www.cx3forum.com/forum/appearance-body/4930-front-rear-bumper-trim.html

The install was fairly simple using the preinstalled 3M tape and a few fasteners. You do have to drill some holes (4 in the front and 5 in the rear) on the underside of the bumpers to attach the fasteners. It takes 10-15 minutes to complete each trim piece.

The trim pieces are made of lightweight plastic and painted silver to give a metallic look similar to the lower body door trims on the GT models. They do not provide any real protection. But, they do look great!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I wish they were brushed aluminum instead of plastic.I would think a Rock that hit these could lead to breakage being made out of plastic.
They do look great though.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I wish they were brushed aluminum instead of plastic.I would think a Rock that hit these could lead to breakage being made out of plastic.
They do look great though.
LOL they're not even real metal?

The rear > front

·
Registered
872 Posts
What did you do with the back piece? Looking to sell?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just had he front and rear stainless steel bumper guards installed. They are from China courtesy of Ebay. So far they look/fit really good. I'm out of town right now but I will post pics when I get back.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts