Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone care to comment on aftermarket HUD for the CX3? Seems to be plenty to choose from but cannot find comments from anyone that has actually used one.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Quick search for HUD on Amazon ... I'd never heard of them, but those utilizing the OBD could be useful, or at least entertaining!

Notice the new CX-5 iActiveSense offers road sign recognition ... e.g., Moose Crossing Ahead :)

P.S. Be careful on Amazon you don't order a Paul Newman!

Reactions: BarneyB

·
Super Moderator
550 Posts
I think DashCommand or OBD Fusion (or one of the other smartphone apps) has a HUD mode so you can achieve the same goal with that plus a Bluetooth OBD-II adapter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks mate, I have seen the smart phone versions but would prefer a fixed dedicated unit. There are two types I have seen, GPS only and OBD2 connection, the latter can display probably too much information, the main thing I am interested in is accurate vehicle speed. Have just been looking at a GPS unit for $69 AUD.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Thanks mate, I have seen the smart phone versions but would prefer a fixed dedicated unit. There are two types I have seen, GPS only and OBD2 connection, the latter can display probably too much information, the main thing I am interested in is accurate vehicle speed. Have just been looking at a GPS unit for $69 AUD.
Agree with you on the OBD & too much info ... even on the tech-crazy Prius the tendency was to look at all the data once ... then settle on one or two readouts and forget it.

But I do like the i-Activesense HUD readout for the adaptive cruise control.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The CX3 Maxx in Australia does not have the factory HUD, I do like the idea of the aftermarket ones actually projecting on to the windscreen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts