Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I picked up my CX-3 from the dealer it had 47 miles on it (where it had been I do not know). It had a little weedy sapling on the tree monitor which is now doing quite well. It's grown to the size of a veritable branch by now but still nowhere near a tree yet. Anybody got a tree yet? I wonder if I will eventually get a wood or a forest? There are no clues in the manual to see how it will develop!

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found this,

2. Seedling: the above-ground part of the embryo that sprouts from the seed
3. Sapling: After the seedling reaches 1 m tall, and until it reaches 7 cm in stem diameter
4. Pole: young trees from 7-30 cm diameter
5. Mature tree: over 30 cm diameter, reproductive years begin
6. Old tree: dominate old growth forest; height growth slows greatly, with majority of productivity in seed production
7. Overmature: dieback and decay become common
8. Snag: standing dead wood
9. Log/debris: fallen dead wood

So mine was a seedling but now it's a sapling.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think that people are more likely to drive in a more environmentally friendly way when they can see some type of measurement that makes sense to them. A number that was in CO2 units just doesn't connect because people don't know how to interpret such a figure. A tree however, is something that people can see growing. Something really small like that can alter people's behaviour. I'd be interested to see the differences between vehicles with this little image enabled and a control group that doesn't have it.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think that people are more likely to drive in a more environmentally friendly way when they can see some type of measurement that makes sense to them. A number that was in CO2 units just doesn't connect because people don't know how to interpret such a figure. A tree however, is something that people can see growing. Something really small like that can alter people's behaviour. I'd be interested to see the differences between vehicles with this little image enabled and a control group that doesn't have it.
It's a bit gimmicky really but I see it as a bit of fun. It doesn't say how many trees have been exterminated by all the time the engine is running!

·
Registered
275 Posts
There is a code writer somewhere at Mazda who had too much time on their hands lol. Pretty cool, actually.
That along with their marketing team that understands buyer psychology since this, among many other things, helps to establish a specific image and feeling of the brand and vehicle. Could very well be one of those small things that go a long way.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
303 Posts
No, go into the App page on the main menu.
I'm thinking we've identified another item based on where you are on the globe.
I have no tree, nor any mention of iStop in my owner's manual.

I have purchased the GT which is the top model in North America and also have the added "technology package"

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm thinking we've identified another item based on where you are on the globe.
I have no tree, nor any mention of iStop in my owner's manual.

I have purchased the GT which is the top model in North America and also have the added "technology package"

Same here. No app... No tree... No iStop. Could be limited to the eastern side of the pond.

·
Registered
136 Posts
There are multiple pages to the fuel economy monitor app. Have the North American models not got this app at all? We got it in Australia too

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, so on that bar graph screen, there is a pull up arrow on the left and if you click on it you can go to the third tab which changes the screen. There are three pages on mine, the bar graph, the tree and the Istop readiness. I will take some pictures later.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK, this is the arrow to bring up the menu

Then you can use the commander to scroll across to the next page.

You've seen the tree screen, this is the bar chart discussed above.

The next page shows the Istop page. Here you can see if the system is ready by looking for the engine, battery and A/C tiles glowing blue.

......and here it isn't ready.

In this screen you can see the Istop operating by the blue halo on the engine and the timers underneath.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hey, anything that can make you smile while you are doing battle in the midst of a traffic jam is OK by me!

·
Registered
63 Posts
After 25500 KM i have a something that looks like a tree, even the count still shows only a tree and x0....

1 - 20 of 35 Posts