Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2016 Cx-3 for a little over a year now and each time I wash it I find more and more road rash across the entire front hood as well as new spots of missing paint on the sides of the car. I know some of this comes from parking on city streets, but I can't help but wonder that if it's this bad after only this long how much worse will it get. Curious if anyone else had this issue and was able to come up with an affordable DIY method of protecting or at least maintaining the pretty crap paint job this car seems to have. Appreciate the help!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Being an original owner of a 2016 for 5 yrs and with under 20k miles I still have specs of missing paint due to rock chips on the front bumper and hood. I even had my car professionally done with 'ceramic pro' which is more of a gimmick than actual protection. The only real protection you can get is by either vinyl wrapping or using clear vinyl protectors for the front and hood. Idk if 3m makes kits ready for the cx-3 or not but something of the sort would be the only real protection. Regarding the sides, I installed a set of the flexible rally armor mud flaps and havent had any side splatter anymore on the sides of the painted portion. The black plastic lower side pieces naturally will get mud dirt etc regardless.

Closest to a diy method would be buy clear vinyl film and basically wrap your car on the painted portion of the hood and bumper. I have yet to see a real solution besides that unfortunatly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts