Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another navigation question. In my previous car I used a TomTom, it could indicate the SPEED the car was travelling at. I can't see this on the CX-3. Is it just not available or, am I not putting in the the correct info. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
122 Posts
It will flag if your breaking the current speed limit. The road speed limit sign will turn red. As for your actual speed the car speedometer will be more accurate.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will flag if your breaking the current speed limit. The road speed limit sign will turn red. As for your actual speed the car speedometer will be more accurate.
Must disagree there. On various roads there are overhead speed signs (Oss) that indicate what speed vehicles are travelling at.

How it works: About 6-800m from the Oss there is a sign indicating that an Oss is coming up. As you pass under the Oss your speed is indicated. Every time I'd go under the sign my gps indicated the EXACT same speed as the Oss. From that, I could tell if my speedo is accurate or not (they almost never are). They can legally be out by 10%. (Always under-never over). So, you see my wish to be able to see what "actual speed" my car is doing. Of course with the gps I can see any speed at any time. (That's on my TomTom but not on the CX-3----unless someone can tell me different)

My previous car's speedo was 100% accurate, the CX-3's speedo when indicating 100 is actually doing 98.

·
Registered
122 Posts
When I've used a separate GPS unit I've never relied on it to check my speed. Much easier to use the speedo, plus I don't have the GPS running all the time!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I've used a separate GPS unit I've never relied on it to check my speed. Much easier to use the speedo, plus I don't have the GPS running all the time!
A few points rockposer: Hope you're convinced that the gps speed indication is more accurate that the speedo. Also I don't always have the gps on. But, more to the point is, I still don't know if the CX-3's gps can be set to indicate the speed that the car is travelling at. Does anyone else out there know the answer?

·
Registered
256 Posts
A few points rockposer: Hope you're convinced that the gps speed indication is more accurate that the speedo. Also I don't always have the gps on. But, more to the point is, I still don't know if the CX-3's gps can be set to indicate the speed that the car is travelling at. Does anyone else out there know the answer?
It can't as far as I know.
I have looked through each and every option in the nav system (several times I might add) and I haven't found the option, so I'm pretty sure it's not possible.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It can't as far as I know.
I have looked through each and every option in the nav system (several times I might add) and I haven't found the option, so I'm pretty sure it's not possible.
Thanks Santa. I'd come to the same conclusion but it's nice to have someone else to verify.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Don't need to be convinced seeing as how I don't use it like I said

·
Registered
451 Posts
I don't know about you, but with the HU unit displaying the speed there is no need to refer to the speed displayed on the Nav screen. In fact with the Nav screen, HU screen and digital speedo on the dash all showing how fast you are goiing, I find that it approaches information overload!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't know about you, but with the HU unit displaying the speed there is no need to refer to the speed displayed on the Nav screen. In fact with the Nav screen, HU screen and digital speedo on the dash all showing how fast you are goiing, I find that it approaches information overload!
You're assuming I have a HU unit and a digital speedo...I don't ( my fault, I should have purchased the next model up). But in the end all I really wanted to know IF the Nav screen could or could not be set to show speed. Sadly it seems not.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I am in Canada and I know my Nav screen will not show actual speed, I just hear the robot woman tell me I am speeding and the speed limit sign goes red. So I have to rely on my instrument cluster, I too did not purchase the highest end model. I purchased the mid level.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am in Canada and I know my Nav screen will not show actual speed, I just hear the robot woman tell me I am speeding and the speed limit sign goes red. So I have to rely on my instrument cluster, I too did not purchase the highest end model. I purchased the mid level.
At the time of buying the CX-3 I wanted the 16 inch wheels as I thought they would give a better ride than the 18 inchers (I still believe that) but, the more I think about the other stuff in the next model up I would live with the 18 inch wheels and get it. Two of the big attractions are the larger taco and the HU unit. Having said that, I'm extremely happy with what I've got. How about you?

·
Registered
872 Posts
s
That's what I have always heard. So why are 18" wheels considered premium?
Larger wheels look better to most people, they cost more and the stiffer sidewall will handle better. The variance on the CX3 is so minimal that any impacts whether it be handling or ride comfort are slim.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
s

Larger wheels look better to most people, they cost more and the stiffer sidewall will handle better. The variance on the CX3 is so minimal that any impacts whether it be handling or ride comfort are slim.
You're probably right there DJ. Wished I'd looked at it in that light when purchasing my CX-3.

·
Registered
893 Posts
You never see cars this size/class of the CX-3 with 18 inch wheels, so that makes it stand out from the crowd a bit. Just looking at the CX-3 with stock 16 inch wheels next to one with stock 18, the difference is huge. The one with the 18 looks so much better, it's a perfect fit.

·
Registered
240 Posts
At the time of buying the CX-3 I wanted the 16 inch wheels as I thought they would give a better ride than the 18 inchers (I still believe that) but, the more I think about the other stuff in the next model up I would live with the 18 inch wheels and get it. Two of the big attractions are the larger taco and the HU unit. Having said that, I'm extremely happy with what I've got. How about you?
I am happy with mine as well, I agree there were some really nice features in the GT. Just for my own purpose I couldn't justify the extra myself. Some of those features would have been nice to have (I do like the HUD). Maybe I will be able to find an after market one and put it in.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I am happy with mine as well, I agree there were some really nice features in the GT. Just for my own purpose I couldn't justify the extra myself. Some of those features would have been nice to have (I do like the HUD). Maybe I will be able to find an after market one and put it in.
Another thing I like in the next model up are the DRL's. They are not compulsory here in Aus YET. I'm think of fitting some to my car. I've already selected ones that will fit and, the place to fit them.

Am I correct in thinking they are compulsory in Canada?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Another thing I like in the next model up are the DRL's. They are not compulsory here in Aus YET. I'm think of fitting some to my car. I've already selected ones that will fit and, the place to fit them.

Am I correct in thinking they are compulsory in Canada?
Correct

Compulsory in Canada - thus no option to turn them off.
I do like when the vehicle is in park that they turn off - many others do not

1 - 19 of 19 Posts