Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Not bad at all, mix that with good driving habits and overall you're going to be quite safe on the road.
Thanks for posting this.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Seems like the biggest difference is that the Euro NCAP "has harsher marking standards on preventative safety technology such as Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB)"

·
Registered
265 Posts
Seems like the biggest difference is that the Euro NCAP "has harsher marking standards on preventative safety technology such as Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB)"
I think one thing they're more strict on than the U.S. is on pedestrian safety, that's one I have noticed a lot. Just not sure if it has impacted vehicle design but that would be one of the things.

·
Registered
122 Posts
So The autonomous braking focus should be a big thing. No reason why companies shouldn't make that standard, it saves lives. I guess that the Euro and Australian tests will become the same in 2018 though, so perhaps the whole issue is moot.

·
Registered
195 Posts
They should make the auto stop as standard a requirement for all safety tests. Yes it's going to cost car companies a bit more to produce the base model but it's for the safety of drivers and pedestrians.
Hope this is something that every NCAP test sets as a basic requirement for future tests and score cars lower for not having it as standard.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts