Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, wanted to start a dedicated thread for all Technical Service Bulletins (TSB's) for Mazda CX-3, these are from USA and Japan for EU and ADR or Worldwide for left and or right hand drive.

Rust on Liftgate around Rear Mount Camera Liftgate Opener Switch
AUTO AC BLOWS WARM AIR (USA)
Meter Hood has Wrinkle Peel off at the border with Dashboard
Oil Seepage from Rear Shock Absorber
Implementation of Oil Maintenance Monitor DIESEL Engine ONLY (Europe)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I've got dozens of them but have avoided listing them as Mazda consider them internal documents. I'll probably continue on an ad hoc basis if a problem arises but thanks for your list.

·
Super Moderator
547 Posts
Hey, you the same ASH8 from RX8Club?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks for posting the tech bulletins Ash8. Always good to be prepared when going to service for an issue.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got dozens of them but have avoided listing them as Mazda consider them internal documents. I'll probably continue on an ad hoc basis if a problem arises but thanks for your list.

Yes I have a lot, lot more for CX-3, no offence to you, but some of your policies here are a little unusual.
And I was and am not prepared to waste my time when threads are deleted or not approved by Mods.
Like not permitted to post external URL (links) in threads to me is just dopey and does not contribute to helping CX-3 owners at all, but adding to the miss information and 'fake news', to the point where the Forum gets a bad reputation.

You either need more Moderators to police the listing of threads and URL's or new Admin (sorry Admin)....why does the other AutoGuide.com forums , like Mazda 3 Revolution forum permit Links?.
Admin only need to check or un-check Forum User/Management Rules.

Yes, TSB are internal documents but are made readily available to IO's in many countries including the USA and in fact are listed on US Government website too for public download/display, you just got to know where to go. So nobody is 'breaking the Law'.

I like to help Mazda owners in the many Forums I am a member of, but frankly this one just seems to be way too hard to participate in....again no offence.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
The owners of this forum had quite a lot of trouble with either a virus or some loss of information and really tightened security. It also stops these idiots from posting up what is essentially an advert with a link to training shoes or fake documents which plague some forums. If you are patient, it will eventually trust you and let you add links. I can see what you want to do and no doubt your intentions are good but I can see why it has been done too.

·
Registered
118 Posts
...Yes, TSB are internal documents but are made readily available to IO's in many countries including the USA and in fact are listed on US Government website too for public download/display, you just got to know where to go. So nobody is 'breaking the Law'.
No, just because the documents, or links to them, are available to view on this and other websites, does not make it legal.

"Information is copyright protected. Mazda North American Operations and Mazda are the copyright owners of all materials on this site and no portion of this site, including, but not limited to, the text, images, audio, or video, may be used in any manner, or for any purpose, without Mazda North American Operations’ or Mazda’s express written permission, except as provided for herein... Any unauthorized use of these materials may subject you to penalties or damages, including but not limited to those related to violation of trademarks, copyrights, privacy, and publicity rights...

Independent Operators have to pay to access the information and agree to terms of use, they do not pick it up for free.

·
Registered
234 Posts
No, just because the documents, or links to them, are available to view on this and other websites, does not make it legal.

"Information is copyright protected. Mazda North American Operations and Mazda are the copyright owners of all materials on this site and no portion of this site, including, but not limited to, the text, images, audio, or video, may be used in any manner, or for any purpose, without Mazda North American Operations’ or Mazda’s express written permission, except as provided for herein... Any unauthorized use of these materials may subject you to penalties or damages, including but not limited to those related to violation of trademarks, copyrights, privacy, and publicity rights...

Independent Operators have to pay to access the information and agree to terms of use, they do not pick it up for free.
Which is why everyone we must be "shhhhhhh" 0:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Not correct, not all access to IO is a pay to view, the copyright pertains only to the 'changing of' the material from its original publication...The material within these PDF's has not been altered in anyway.

In the USA an other regions Technical Service Bulletin and other Bulletin access is also freely available to anyone who has the links to Government websites which are also not pay to view and are publicly listed.

Many retail Repair Shops and Tuning Shop websites for almost all car brands has same factory information and has been publicly listed and available for over 10 years.
I know of no litigation because of 'copyright breaches'.
Even some Dealers in the US also list Technical PDF's, it actually helps the brand and brand image.
As you are in the UK I suggest you look around outside your world. ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
A touch of hypocrisy here by a few, never the less..
A quick small txt list of 'some urls' with factory TSB's and or disseminated of, or even the changing/dissecting of.

I remove list of URL's.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Its appears the PDF's are not appropriate to be listed in this forum...
Here are more edited OE Mazda CX-3 TSB brief facts with the UP TO Production Date (or change point), which means all cars made up to this listed date may experience various usability or reliability issues, AFTER this Production Date the car already has the modified parts and or data updates to the OEM parts installed in these new cars on the new car assembly lines @ Mazda car plants in Japan, Mexico, Thailand, Russia and China.

TSB's........

1.5L CX-3 (diesel) has an issue with the front exhaust pipe actuator:
That being the exhaust 'shutter' valves high pitch squeaking (sort of metal to metal) as it actuates when stepping on accelerator pedal..the fix is to renew the front exhaust pipe with a modified one, this includes all 1.5 diesels up to production date of Feb 12, 2016 for Japan made model and April 18th, 2016 for Thailand built 1.5.

All CX-3 Auto Transmission gear shifting defect: up to 1st Sept 2016 production, where it does not shift out of 1st gear when in drive or wont go into reverse. AT warning light goes on a DTC's are stored in PCM, the Trans must be renewed as a snap ring has come off the planetary gear....with a new Modified Auto Trans.

Engine wont start extreme cold (Europe):, fix is to renew Rear Muffler with modified unit.

Hard or Heavy operation of Seat Recliner Knob: ....all models worldwide, replace Lever Parts.

Rough Idle, oil pressure issue on the 2.0L engine worldwide:, new oil pump, oil control valve and strainer.

Front Seat Cushion Collapses: (pad falls into the seat frame, the fix is to bolster seat and modify) up to 1st April, 2016 production.

Accelerator Pedal Hinge Breaks (extreme cold):

i-stop warning light is on: PCM logic update.

Creaking noise from Front Shocks:... fix is to install plastic insulators on the coil springs.

LDWS Light On:

Stabiliser bushes front and rear revised: Worldwide.

BSM issues:

Shift Lever Vibration: All Manual Transmission, requires and overhaul or new Trans, Modified Trans for CX-3 from July 1st, 2015 production. (EU and ADR only).

Engine Oil Seeping from Oil Pressure Switch: EU and USA only, up to June 1st, 2015 production.

NEW
Active Driving Display improper use:
Opening and closing by itself, or does not open, and or operation stops.
Renew HUD with modified unit, up to October 5th 2016 Japan Build, November 9th, Thai Build.

# VIN Numbers and more details (PDF) are available via PM request, only if your car is experiencing listed issues/complaints.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
A touch of hypocrisy here by a few, never the less..
A quick small txt list of 'some urls' with factory TSB's and or disseminated of, or even the changing/dissecting of.
Ash.

Nobody forced you to come here. Your contribution and knowledge is appreciated but there is no need to be quite so defensive and sarcastic. I’ll leave the links you have gone ahead and posted, despite being asked not to do but you may find the the other moderator or admin decide to remove it.

Just chill out, don’t try to reinvent the wheel and I’m sure you will enjoy your time here will be a benefit to others.

·
Registered
118 Posts
...the copyright pertains only to the 'changing of' the material from its original publication...
I guess you missed the bit on one of the TSB's you posted which states "No part of this bulletin may be reproduced in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical - including photocopying and recording and the use of any kind of information storage and retrieval system -without permission in writing."

Anyway, I'm not going to argue anymore. I'll leave individual contributors and VerticalScope Inc. and/or their agents to decide whether or not they want to risk being pursued by Mazda. Just pointing out why mods may not accept posts with certain attachments or links.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I guess you missed the bit on one of the TSB's you posted which states "No part of this bulletin may be reproduced in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical - including photocopying and recording and the use of any kind of information storage and retrieval system -without permission in writing."

Anyway, I'm not going to argue anymore. I'll leave individual contributors and VerticalScope Inc. and/or their agents to decide whether or not they want to risk being pursued by Mazda. Just pointing out why mods may not accept posts with certain attachments or links.
Huh?...pointing out what, I am a Super Mod for over a decade, I know 'the rules'.

This is nonsense, it is a disclaimer, so.
Mazda as do other makers do not pursue or prosecute and as you also failed to address the many, many other websites around the world who host these exact same PDF documents.
I know of no prosecutions ever, perhaps you can show us ?.
Going on your previous posts you are willing to quote other members who post the same information and files?

As a Mazda man I like to 'Help owners', if the information or the way I present it is a problem for you then it is not meant to.
I do not like misinformation and letting it grow and giving Mazda Dealers a hard time (I worked in them for decades).
In many cases it is the way the owner communicates to the Dealers and Dealers attitude.
Sometime Dealers just don't know, not aware, or can not fix yet because of no updated Parts supply or waiting for instructions.
Some are just ignorant full stop.

One thing I really like about Mazda is they do not walk away from genuine and reasonable customers. My family and I has personally bought brand new Mazda's from 1968 on-wards, and continue to do so.
If you get to know me I am happy to help any genuine Mazda owner. :)

The Miata.net (MX-5) forum in USA has been hosting Mazda TSB's for over 20 years and still does. The Mazda RX-8 Forum in USA has been hosting Mazda TSB's for the past 12 years. MNAO reps frequent these forums regularly and there has been no TDN or prosecutions....none...end of story...please.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Huh?...pointing out what, I am a Super Mod for over a decade, I know 'the rules'.

This is nonsense, it is a disclaimer, so.
Mazda as do other makers do not pursue or prosecute and as you also failed to address the many, many other websites around the world who host these exact same PDF documents.
I know of no prosecutions ever, perhaps you can show us ?.
Going on your previous posts you are willing to quote other members who post the same information and files?

As a Mazda man I like to 'Help owners', if the information or the way I present it is a problem for you then it is not meant to.
I do not like misinformation and letting it grow and giving Mazda Dealers a hard time (I worked in them for decades).
In many cases it is the way the owner communicates to the Dealers and Dealers attitude.
Sometime Dealers just don't know, not aware, or can not fix yet because of no updated Parts supply or waiting for instructions.
Some are just ignorant full stop.

One thing I really like about Mazda is they do not walk away from genuine and reasonable customers. My family and I has personally bought brand new Mazda's from 1968 on-wards, and continue to do so.
If you get to know me I am happy to help any genuine Mazda owner. :)

The Miata.net (MX-5) forum in USA has been hosting Mazda TSB's for over 20 years and still does. The Mazda RX-8 Forum in USA has been hosting Mazda TSB's for the past 12 years. MNAO reps frequent these forums regularly and there has been no TDN or prosecutions....none...end of story...please.

THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING ABOUT POSTING LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES. I get you are a mod on other websites but you still follow the rules here and don’t demand the last word on a subject because you don’t like the implications.

Thin ice Ash. The link you posted AND made bold has been removed.

We are happy to have you and you can post links when the forum controls let you. Just settle down - you’ll get your chance.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I get that Ash wants to share his extensive knowledge about Mazda's with us and to be fair he doesn't need to own a CX-3 to do that. I would encourage anyone with any car to join in if they only share an interest in them. However, I'm a mod on several forums but if I join a new one I do so on their terms and am not entitled to any special treatment, nor can I get uppity about what is and isn't allowed.

Anyway, enough said, I hope Ash enjoys his time with us and we get to benefit from his knowledge Andy resource.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Insoluble dillemas and trade-offs ...

Different countries, different unions ... each having different laws. Some assert, "You sell it here, you find, make public, and correct all defects, issues, and 'concerns'."

Consequently, companies like Toyota, Takata, and GM pay significant fines when they fail to comply ... not-to-mention the Wizards of Wolfsburg that outright cheated on their deisel emission controls.

OTOH ... manufacturers are forced to expend significant resources trying to conform to the different rules and regulations of the different countries.

It's understandable that manufacturers and their dealers don't want owners hounding them with superflous, imagined defects. For instance, on a minor level, I hounded my dealer for mounting my rear license plate "too high." Turns out they'd mounted it according to Mazda's specifications ... which I still deem "too high." :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
NEW...TSB'..

You may experience a total loss of AC cooling as Mazda has identified an issue with all Evaporators from their suppliers in virtually all new Mazda Skyactiv models from about day 1 off production.
The issue is a robot had not been adequately braze welded between some pressurised/vacuumed joints.
The process has been notified and updated parts are available only if you have a loss of AC Cooling.

The fix is a new updated Evaporator mounted under the dashboard.

It applies to ALL CX-3's made in Japan and Thailand.
There are too many VIN varieties to post without posting the actaul TSB File.
Basically it applies to all CX-3s up to the Production date of July 31st, 2016.
IF your CX-3 has a production date past July 31st, 2016 then you already have the updated Evaporator.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts