Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

Alignment specs

12K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  AusTony 
#1 ·
Anyone know what the alignment specs are on the CX-3?

I'm more interested in knowing whether camber is adjustable on this car or is it basically fixed with very limited or no adjustment. Thanks.

Tony

#2 ·
Most Japanese cars are multi adjustable. I will find you the specs.

#3 ·
Here you are. They even quote the setting depending on how much fuel is onboard.

Attachments

Reactions: bjn
#4 ·
Why do you want to change the camber, front and/or rear ...

Old Porsches and VWs yes, but why modern Mazda?
Just curious ... :)

P.S. I successfully used Anchorman's (British?) specs when my dealer claimed he couldn't get CX-3 alignment specs!

#5 ·
Thanks for the PDF's Anchorman. I took a look at them but didn't see how you would adjust Caster and Camber on this car if it is adjustable at all. Is there another PDF that tells you how to do the adjustments?

mainemanx, getting more camber in the front wheels helps with cornering and reducing understeer. Running anywhere from -0.5' to -0.75' of -camber will not wear out the insides of your tires and gives a more stable car.

I run -1.25' camber on my Shelby after I added Caster/Camber plates to it to allow me a greater range of adjustment on that car. I have not noticed any severe wear on the insides of my tires running this setting. I wouldn't go more than -1' camber on this or any car that is daily driven (even though running that setting is still within specs).

#6 ·
Hey all,
I have had my CX-3 for around 8 months now and already have about 22,000 km's on it.
Just noticed my tyres are starting to feather off around the outsides, before I took it for a wheel alignment today I was looking at the spec sheets attached (thanks Anchorman).
These guys said the front was near perfect but here is the problem, the rear is not adjustable!
the spec I seen you guys attach for a rear wheel alignment on a 2wd has a total toe in of 4.4 (0.173), my report said I have 3.8 on the left and 3.6 on the right meaning I have a total of 7.4 and I cant fix it???
tried to upload so you can see easy but not so computer savvy on this surface pro, maybe you can see the link below?
Has anyone else had this problem with alignments?
the agent told me I'd basically have to rotate tyres every 5,000 km's to make the best of it or, speak to the Mazda dealer and see what they say.
increased rotation is just a band aid, not a solution.

love the car but I don't want this to be acceptable!

#7 ·
Tony, I can't help ... but for starters:

– You have an AWD or FWD?

– "AusTony" ... You're in Australia, Austria, or Austin, Texas?

:eek:

#8 ·
Which tyres are feathering? The fronts or the rears. If the rears are OK, then stop worrying - the fronts tend to lose the edges on modern cars. I would monitor it, make sure the pressure are not too high and come back to it as necessary. If its the rears then yes, a bit harder to deal with. Again, I would monitor it but if concerned, it should really go back to any dealer. Only if that fails, I would intervene and as they are not adjustable as such, maybe you could put equal shims between the hub and the axle beams and try it little by little. This from an AWD but you’ll get the picture.

Attachments

#11 ·
If the rear toe is really not adjustable most likely in the near future Mazda might realize this oversight and come out with a parts bulletin where they might offer the proper parts back there with an adjustment avail on it to correct this problem.

If not OE then perhaps even the afkt. might step in with something.

I had done new inner and outer tie rods on the SX4 a couple years back and went for an alignment. It was pointed out to me by the tech doing the alignment that the RR toe setting was out a bit but the cross toe reading was within specs. Nothing was done about that at the time but I will be taking care of that in the future.

The person that did my alignment also races midget cars and he suggested that when I want to fix that toe reading he would shim the hub the proper amount to bring the toe back within specs.

I have decided to install a new suspension on the SX4 (bought struts, shocks, eibach springs (yes I'm lowering it), camber bolts) and I will want a performance alignment done on the car before I bolt up my Traklite wheels with new tires.

A competent shop should be able to take care of any toe setting issue on the CX-3 if there isn't a proper fix for it.

#12 ·
My feeling is that this measured discrepancy isn’t restricted to one car and that most CX-3s measured on the same rig would show up a similar result. I wouldn’t start fiddling with the car at all unless I believed it was scrubbing tires or misbehaving in some other way. If they are all out, it will show up at Mazda and they will fix it.

#13 ·
Hey everyone, sorry it took so long to get back. Lets straighten out some of the questions above, I'm in Australia and my CX-3 is FWD only. The tyres that are feathering are on the back. I went to the dealer and they had the car for the whole day. When I picked it up they said they wanted me to come back next week when their "wheel alignment speacilist" was back. And in the meantime they were going to check others from the showroom floor. They were acting a bit dubious about it all. So anyway, they didn't call me the next week so I called them on Friday. At that point the person told me the car is fine because the toe in/ out (whichever one it is) is factory spec if it's under 8. I call bullshit and am now looking to escalate the case with head office in Australia on a safety basis. Might be a long shot but let's see, I'll keep you posted

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.