Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 CX3, my Air Conditioner is blowing out hot air instead of cold what could be the cause and what can I do, is this a fault or do they wear out????

·
Registered
167 Posts
The usual problem is there is a leak in the system that has resulted in a loss of the refrigerant. This leak can be difficult to trace, and expensive to repair depending on where it is.
When my AC stopped working it was due to a cracked condenser, which is located under the dash. To repair it, the entire dash must be removed $$$. It took my dealer 3 days to do this repair and fortunately I had just bought my CX3 as a used car from them 3 months before so they did the job under warranty.
The only way to know why the AC no longer works is to take your car to a shop and have them diagnose the problem. It's not something that your average backyard mechanic can repair.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The usual problem is there is a leak in the system that has resulted in a loss of the refrigerant. This leak can be difficult to trace, and expensive to repair depending on where it is.
When my AC stopped working it was due to a cracked condenser, which is located under the dash. To repair it, the entire dash must be removed $$$. It took my dealer 3 days to do this repair and fortunately I had just bought my CX3 as a used car from them 3 months before so they did the job under warranty.
The only way to know why the AC no longer works is to take your car to a shop and have them diagnose the problem. It's not something that your average backyard mechanic can repair.
Thank you it needs a service anyway so will do this in the new year, so will have to put up with free air conditioning by opening up the windows, it never ends first the seat belts now this ,never had so many problems with any car I have ever owned you would think buying a new one it would not have all these problems, unfortunately mine is now out of warranty.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thank you it needs a service anyway so will do this in the new year, so will have to put up with free air conditioning by opening up the windows, it never ends first the seat belts now this ,never had so many problems with any car I have ever owned you would think buying a new one it would not have all these problems, unfortunately mine is now out of warranty.
Having the AC stop working on a 2015 model you bought new is not uncommon. Your car is now over 6 years old and is at an age where things begin to fail. Any wonder why the average warranty only lasts for 3 to 5 years?
As I mentioned I bought my 2016 CX-3 as a used car from a Mazda dealer in April of 2019. At the time it had 54K km on it and since then I've added another 32K km. Besides my initial AC problem, as well as a battery replacement last fall, I have not had to do any other repairs. This is my fourth Mazda and I've had really good luck with all of them.

·
Registered
257 Posts
2015 CX3, my Air Conditioner is blowing out hot air instead of cold what could be the cause and what can I do, is this a fault or do they wear out????

I posted this on an air conditioning problem post for another forum member 3 months ago :-

"..... In CX-3's made prior to approx Sep 2016, there were a number of problems with leaks from either the condenser or evaporator or in the logic of the control unit. The latter is part of the 3 heating and climate dials unit. Problem with the control unit shows up as warm air being emitted unless the temperature dial is set to the max cold setting. The solution was to replace the control unit with a modified version. If you aren't getting any cold air at all, even at the max cold setting, then it suggests either or both of the condenser or evaporator are faulty and need replacing. It sounds like you'll need to visit a dealer for them to diagnose the exact problem and the cost of the fix if not covered by any warranty agreement."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts