Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

41 - 41 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is called dirty socks syndrome. Dirty sock syndrome is the foul, moldy smelling odor that comes from your air conditioner when you first turn it on. It is caused by the build-up of mold and bacteria on your evaporator coil. ... This heat mixed with dust and moisture in the darkness of your AC unit is the perfect recipe for dirty sock syndrome. Anyway, any good aircon repair service would solve that easily.

After two months of discussion with the dealer, my evaporator is being replaced. I'm just waiting for parts to arrive. My car is still well within the warranty. Sounds like you've done a lot of work - hope that you're happy with the results.
This is interesting, but you can tell us in more detail what happened with your previous car. I just had similar situation. When I was turned on the car, I couldn't adjust the settings, neither I could move the temperature up and down or blast the AC or turn it off. It was always the same temperature, which it was convenient for a while, but now it's too hot and the AC couldn't deal with the heat.

41 - 41 of 41 Posts