Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is called dirty socks syndrome. Dirty sock syndrome is the foul, moldy smelling odor that comes from your air conditioner when you first turn it on. It is caused by the build-up of mold and bacteria on your evaporator coil. ... This heat mixed with dust and moisture in the darkness of your AC unit is the perfect recipe for dirty sock syndrome. Anyway, any good aircon repair service would solve that easily.

After two months of discussion with the dealer, my evaporator is being replaced. I'm just waiting for parts to arrive. My car is still well within the warranty. Sounds like you've done a lot of work - hope that you're happy with the results.
This is interesting, but you can tell us in more detail what happened with your previous car. I just had similar situation. When I was turned on the car, I couldn't adjust the settings, neither I could move the temperature up and down or blast the AC or turn it off. It was always the same temperature, which it was convenient for a while, but now it's too hot and the AC couldn't deal with the heat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you bought a new car, and the air conditioner was installed incorrectly at the factory, why didn't you go to the car dealership and demand the money back, or at least they did everything for you for free and quickly, because this is their mistake. You won't believe it, my air conditioner also broke down on my 2014 Mercedes, but I still don't know what kind of spare part I need to change. Referring to this source Price for Aircon Service, Chemical Wash, Overhaul & Gas Top Up, I see that the prices for repairing the air conditioner are not small. I hope I have some minor problem so that I don't spend hundreds and possibly thousands of dollars later.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have something strange going on with the air conditioner, for some reason it blows out warm air, what can it be?
You haven't stated the year of your car. In CX-3's made prior to approx Sep 2016, there were a number of problems with leaks from either the condenser or evaporator or in the logic of the control unit. The latter is part of the 3 heating and climate dials unit. Problem with the control unit shows up as warm air being emitted unless the temperature dial is set to the max cold setting. The solution was to replace the control unit with a modified version. If you aren't getting any cold air at all, even at the max cold setting, then it suggests either or both of the condenser or evaporator are faulty and need replacing.

It sounds like you'll need to visit a dealer for them to diagnose the exact problem and the cost of the fix if not covered by any warranty agreement.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts