Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there
Will having a fully licensed shop (other than Mazda), install an aftermarket alarm system/remote start affect my warranty at all? 2019 Mazda CX3 GT. Thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey there
Will having a fully licensed shop (other than Mazda), install an aftermarket alarm system/remote start affect my warranty at all? 2019 Mazda CX3 GT. Thanks.
Hello, newbie here...noticed your post which was over a yr ago but to my knowledge it doesn’t void the warranty unlike Toyotas or Hondas...I’ve had a 2017 CX9 with remote starter (installed by dealer) and they confirmed that Mazda doesn’t void warranty as long as the remote starter is an “approved” or authorized brand of starter. I also have a 2019 CX3 that had a starter installed by dealer though this time a diff brand.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Warranty

It's been about a year, but I think what they told me is, that it won't void the warranty, but if something goes wrong and they deem the electric start I had installed has anything to do with the mechanical error, then it won't be covered. I took the risk and had it installed, love it lol

Hello, newbie here...noticed your post which was over a yr ago but to my knowledge it doesn’t void the warranty unlike Toyotas or Hondas...I’ve had a 2017 CX9 with remote starter (installed by dealer) and they confirmed that Mazda doesn’t void warranty as long as the remote starter is an “approved” or authorized brand of starter. I also have a 2019 CX3 that had a starter installed by dealer though this time a diff brand.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It's been about a year, but I think what they told me is, that it won't void the warranty, but if something goes wrong and they deem the electric start I had installed has anything to do with the mechanical error, then it won't be covered. I took the risk and had it installed, love it lol
Good to know..same here once you have it you can’t go back! Always want to have it on future vehicles!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts