Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Hi,

I`m adding rear parking sensor and wonder where will be most convenient to connect the power supply... Rear light are in the lift-gate so not the best option.

Actually i bought one of those that: "Show reversing image and distance on the monitor at the same time if you connect with screen and rearview camera together." So i need to intercept camera cable too.

Prefer to connect somewhere in the trunk or near rear doors... not to pass cables through the rubber cable cover that goes to rear lift gate. Although it looks quite a good place to connect, hopefully to 12v and ground not +6v and -6v.

Attachments

· Registered
20 Posts
Hi all!
Does someone know which of these wires/pins is for positve /+/ power supply for the light in the lugguage compartment ? I want to find it in back tailgate so I don't have to run a wire through the rubber hose from the light itself.
Thank you!:)

· Registered
34 Posts
Hi all!
Does someone know which of these wires/pins is for positve /+/ power supply for the light in the lugguage compartment ? I want to find it in back tailgate so I don't have to run a wire through the rubber hose from the light itself.
Thank you!:)

I don't know... but passing the cable happens to be very easy. I pass 3 cables to intercept the AV to add distance from park tronic to the screen... It did not work.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

· Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone

I know I'm dredging up a very old thread, however I've found myself needing a bit of help with the installation of a reverse camera in a 2017 EU CX-3.

Did anyone ever manage to get a 12v camera working using the posts in this thread? I feel like it shouldn't be this difficult, but seems no combination of wiring seems to be picking up my camera.

Some notes on my situation:
  1. I have a 12v camera (HD 1280x720p Golden Camera for Mazda CX-3 CX3 2016~2018,3nd Generation Golden Camera Rear View Reversing Backup Camera Night Vision Waterproof Backing Camera License Plate: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo)
  2. The yellow RCA plug has four wires to work with
    1. Red trigger wire (not connected)
    2. Yellow (video signal I believe)
    3. Black (video ground I believe)
    4. Red (Not sure what to do with this, not currently connected +6v maybe?)
  3. The camera also has separate power wires I have spliced with the reverse light
    1. Red (+12v)
    2. Black (+12v)
  4. Attached to this post are the pics and connections I have setup for visual reference.
  5. I've used the infotainment reset sequence as described
    1. Car on and in reverse gear
    2. Hold MUTE+BACK+NAV+HOME buttons until screen goes blank and reboots
  6. I've tried with third red wire connected and cut
  7. I've also checked behind the head unit and can confirm I see the same wires connected there as I've found in the back at the connector plugs.
With all the above considered and my wiring diagram, is there something I'm missing or doing incorrectly? Or is this doomed to never work? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Automotive tire Gesture Sleeve Finger Font

· Registered
153 Posts
I had the same issue, couldn't figure it out. Checked many forums and youtube. Long story short, installed a seperate screen with reverse camera - actually better, as it works constantly as a front and read DVR, then in reverse it works as a back-up camera. Since my initial post on this, I've changed out the camera to one that has infra-red view (while still using the same DVR screen).

· Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone

I know I'm dredging up a very old thread, however I've found myself needing a bit of help with the installation of a reverse camera in a 2017 EU CX-3.

Did anyone ever manage to get a 12v camera working using the posts in this thread? I feel like it shouldn't be this difficult, but seems no combination of wiring seems to be picking up my camera.

Some notes on my situation:
  1. I have a 12v camera (HD 1280x720p Golden Camera for Mazda CX-3 CX3 2016~2018,3nd Generation Golden Camera Rear View Reversing Backup Camera Night Vision Waterproof Backing Camera License Plate: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo)
  2. The yellow RCA plug has four wires to work with
    1. Red trigger wire (not connected)
    2. Yellow (video signal I believe)
    3. Black (video ground I believe)
    4. Red (Not sure what to do with this, not currently connected +6v maybe?)
  3. The camera also has separate power wires I have spliced with the reverse light
    1. Red (+12v)
    2. Black (+12v)
  4. Attached to this post are the pics and connections I have setup for visual reference.
  5. I've used the infotainment reset sequence as described
    1. Car on and in reverse gear
    2. Hold MUTE+BACK+NAV+HOME buttons until screen goes blank and reboots
  6. I've tried with third red wire connected and cut
  7. I've also checked behind the head unit and can confirm I see the same wires connected there as I've found in the back at the connector plugs.
With all the above considered and my wiring diagram, is there something I'm missing or doing incorrectly? Or is this doomed to never work? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

View attachment 24191
@Zechariah936 and anyone reading this in the future. I got this to work with my 12v camera.
  1. I left both the 6v wires disconnected.
  2. The red wire from the RCA cable I left blanked.
  3. The video ground and signal wires I connected as indicated
  4. Camera power I connected as indicated to the reverse light
  5. Finally I made sure to cut the second red wire as indicated in the original post
  6. Don't forget to do the infotainment reset, i did this with the car running and in reverse gear (hold mute + back + home + nav buttons simultaneously until screen turns off and reboots
I hope this helps someone one day. Good luck! 🍀

41 - 47 of 47 Posts