Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts

Ventura tech did it from the trunk so I believe I could do too.

I might try Mazda 3 color codes if it works let you know.

It might be good idea to have picture of these cables with already equiped vehicles so that we can check the connections
Yeah it will be a great help if someone with equipped backup camera shares some pictures of trunk connector wires.
I hope you can do it, keep us updated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looks nice, well done Ippeace!
Did you use a 6V camera? Was it a camera with 5 wires(4 wires + trigger wire)? Why you have to cut that red wire?
1) Camera is 6V
2) Camera has 2 different sets of wiring: Power & Video
3) Power cable has negative and possitive 6V
4) Video cable has video signal cable(yellow or orange) , outside( blank cable copper wiring which is ground) and triger cable ( You dont need to plug this in since camera works with signal from multimedia
5) Red wire is a short circuit for the video transion if you dont cut it camera doesn't work.

·
Registered
14 Posts
1) Camera is 6V
2) Camera has 2 different sets of wiring: Power & Video
3) Power cable has negative and possitive 6V
4) Video cable has video signal cable(yellow or orange) , outside( blank cable copper wiring which is ground) and triger cable ( You dont need to plug this in since camera works with signal from multimedia
5) Red wire is a short circuit for the video transion if you dont cut it camera doesn't work.
Thanks for the answer
I have ordered a 12V camera with a step up dc converter which converts the 6v output to 12v, I think the sinosmart 6v camera is too expensive it is more than the double price of this camera I have ordered. I will try to install it when I recieve the camera and step up converter. I have also ordered a fuse holder that I will connect to step up converter in case it short circuits or fails, so it does not damage the infotainment system.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I got mine working also.
I used camera connection cable from Car Solutions and Sinosmart 6 V camera.

With the Car Solutions cable you get + / - 6 V from the display unit + RCA connector for the video signal.
I didn't need to cut or disconnect any red wires as Ippeace did. But i needed to remove the display unit and run the wire from dash to the trunk.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got mine working also.
I used camera connection cable from Car Solutions and Sinosmart 6 V camera.

With the Car Solutions cable you get + / - 6 V from the display unit + RCA connector for the video signal.
I didn't need to cut or disconnect any red wires as Ippeace did. But i needed to remove the display unit and run the wire from dash to the trunk.
Will you share some pictures with us if you have taken during the installation?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I took some pics last summer when I started this project but they got lost when my previous sell phone died.
I found some photos of the screen removal. You need to remove two panels in front and behind the screen.
The screen unit is held in place by two bolts and two tabs. Car Solution cable connects between the screen and the original wiring harness.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I made it work ?

Here is the youtube link of installation guide that I have made.

If you have any questions, you can ask me.

https://youtu.be/dfy1D-9muJI
Today I had time to install the backup camera on my cx-3 using this method and it works perfectly it took only about 30 minutes and I spent only 12$
I bought a 12v camera and a step up converter to convert the 6v output to 12v.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Today I had time to install the backup camera on my cx-3 using this method and it works perfectly it took only about 30 minutes and I spent only 12$
I bought a 12v camera and a step up converter to convert the 6v output to 12v.
It took me 1 month to understand what the cables where and how it goes then finding the red cable to cut. =)

I wish I had this video from somewhere else then decided to make this video.

I am really glad to see that It helps people =)

·
Registered
14 Posts
It took me 1 month to understand what the cables where and how it goes then finding the red cable to cut. ?

I wish I had this video from somewhere else then decided to make this video.

I am really glad to see that It helps people =)
You have done a great job Ippeace, I know it is not easy to trace those wires and find the right wires for camera and also to find that red wire that shortcuts the camera signal, all the cx-3 owners who are using this guide must be thankful for your great work.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi,

My car has original camera, however lacking parking sensors.. so i wonder if can add 3rd party sensors overlay on rear cam video... or retrofit OEM parking sensors..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello.
Very good thread.
Where are you with the rear camera on the CX3? (I have a CX3 EU 2017)
I start on the subject and I will order the parts.

First and foremost I'll check the trunk connectors wires because i don't want disasemble all car for wiring from CMU connector.

Regards

EDIT : I looked at the trunk connectors wires, they are the same as in the Tuto... :)
I only have to watch if the connector on the CMU is properly wired (video wire connected)

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello
Like I said previously, I checked on my CMU that all the wire arrive well. it's OK
I tried to understand why we have to cut the red wire.
All simply because it's a shunt. if it is not cut : the video signal is grounded. see the diagram below.

To not change the original harness : I designed the adapter below.

I want to use 1 male connector and 1 female (18 pins) and I did not connect the wires that coming from the front harness and go nowhere in the rear harness (L green wire) .
Can anyone tell me where to find these 18 pin connectors

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello
What surprises me in the ippeace tutorial is that only one red wire (N) is cut while we can use the 3 red wires to pass the video signal, the video ground and the -6V.
More using the 3 red wires, we only have one splice (+ 6V "white wire") to do on the female connector instead of 4 splices
The terminals O and P are not shorted as by cutting only one red wire (N)...
Look at my diagram, it is the same as the original mount of a rear camera on CX3 and it works with a 6V SINOSMART CAMERA....

Attachments

21 - 40 of 44 Posts