Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Good Video @jtpc2007

in regards to the rear windows, This has always been a pet peeve of mine as well. I believe the windows in the back are like that for some type of safety concern. any 4 door I have owned had that, the last one I had was a cavalier and I was able to take the door panel off and removed the stopper (block of rubber) from the inside so I could get the windows all the way down. Maybe something to look into?

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I like the review but the niggles never really occurred to me.

·
Registered
193 Posts
In my opinion, If you bought a Jeep, Ford or GM, then you would have a list of significant issues. If those are the most significant disadvantages an owner realizes after a month of ownership, then I call the CX3 a winner.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Your first concern could be addressed with some rubber washers inbetween the screws and holes they go into, along with locktite for the screws since due to the vibration, over time it might loosen. Rubber washers could very well contribute to a much more solid sound when closing

·
Registered
193 Posts
My biggest complaint is my CX3 is missing the foot pedal normally located on the left side of the brake pedal.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My biggest complaint is my CX3 is missing the foot pedal normally located on the left side of the brake pedal.
Yes the lack of foot rest is a problem and I can see the carpet wearing out quickly in that location. Mazda does offer an alloy foot rest for an additional price. Also if you are someone with large feet there is not a lot of space to rest your foot.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can always velcro some rubber on. So far mine hasn’t budged;

http://www.cx3forum.com/forum/interior/4225-serious-omission.html
I love that idea anchorman. I'd consider getting the Mazda part, but $40 and having to install it in the cold doesn't sound appealing.

As for OP's dislikes:
5. I have no issue with the rear spoiler and I slam my hatch.
4. Arm rest... Not available in these parts, so I really can't say, but I am thinkinging of getting one.
3. Maybe because I don't have an arm rest, cup holder position is not an issue. In terms of placement, I'm fine. I'm glad Mazda kept the infotainment controls close and the cup a little further. In a perfect world, yeah, cup holder could be up alongside, but we're dealing with the space limitations of a sub compact.
2. Ingress/egress. No problems.
1. Windows. For aesthetics, I agree. Looks funny that they only come down partially. But for functionality, really?? How often is my rear passenger reaching for the mailbox (as suggested)?!?

Here's my list after a month.
1. Rear head rests. My kids are 5' and say they aren't comfortable. If they were a different height, taller or smaller, it'd be fine. But the first locking position is too high, and the bottom position is too low.

Hmmm, trying for another...

Waiting for snow :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Order parts from Japan. They have one with AWD and 6MT!
All you need is transmission, clutch pedal and booster, IP cluster, and shifter surround!
Reprogram the ECU/PCM and while at it, boost the power with premium gas tune for extra 20+ HP.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Oh I got one,i wish turn signals were on HUD,there hard to hear with bose on...that's all..
On the main instrument cluster I do not like the turn signals on the bottom of the speedometer/tacho. It is hard to see when turning and I found the tone is too soft also with standard speakers in my CX3.

If I was going to further nit pick I hate the location of the interior fuse box. The location almost at the floor of the passenger side foot-well makes it difficult to do modification such as hard wiring a dash cam. I found you really need a torch and bend down to do stuff down there.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Order parts from Japan. They have one with AWD and 6MT!
All you need is transmission, clutch pedal and booster, IP cluster, and shifter surround!
Reprogram the ECU/PCM and while at it, boost the power with premium gas tune for extra 20+ HP.
The established and well respected MX5 ECU tuners include Motoeast, Dynoyronics and Tuning Done Right (TDR). With a stock 2.0L Sky-G engine one could expect an approximate 10-15 Wheel Horse Power and Torque increase with a ECU tune. Search the Miata.net forum for tons of information. I had TDR tune my 08 Miata after the header/midpipe/exhaust and Cold Air Intake modifications and the seat-of-the-pants power increase / throttle response was very noticeable.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts