Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried this intake for the CX 3? It works on the CX 3 2.0 skyactiv as well as the Mazda 2 and Scion IA which have the 1.5 skyactiv. it comes with a nice heat shield that also integrates the factory air snorkel. The best intake I've seen for the CX 3 yet.

https://www.aemintakes.com/mobile/product.aspx?prod=21-804C

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I emailed Matt at Orange Virus Tuning to see if he's had any experience with it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
485 Posts
Im curious to how this would look installed as well. One thing I am not too fond of is the rubber weatherstripping/gasket on top of the heat shield. The pictures make it seem like it will be a flush end install like shown but in my past experience with these type products, it never sits flat and rises above the heatshield on the bend making it look like such a cheap and half baked mod.

Also it seems like just the heat shield is bolted on/secured to the car. I can only imagine the intake shaking and rattling since it just seems rested on the hole cut out, which again has the weatherstrip material which probably wont look like that in actual application. Maybe its just me but I would prefer it to be secured and not potentially yanking around on the throttle body even if just a little.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually this would be much more secure than the corksport or jbr intake. At least the heat shield would give the actual intake some support. The other two mentioned have absolutely nothing giving them support other than the hose holding them up. They can be able to just flop around in there with nothing to secure them. Only corksport offers an optional box for their intake but that brings the total cost far far beyond what the aem intake costs.

Food for thought...

Im curious to how this would look installed as well. One thing I am not too fond of is the rubber weatherstripping/gasket on top of the heat shield. The pictures make it seem like it will be a flush end install like shown but in my past experience with these type products, it never sits flat and rises above the heatshield on the bend making it look like such a cheap and half baked mod.

Also it seems like just the heat shield is bolted on/secured to the car. I can only imagine the intake shaking and rattling since it just seems rested on the hole cut out, which again has the weatherstrip material which probably wont look like that in actual application. Maybe its just me but I would prefer it to be secured and not potentially yanking around on the throttle body even if just a little.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Talked to Matt at OVT. He said it is pretty much the same as the other intakes in gains. That is they all do pretty much nothing unless conditions are optimal. I'll spend my money elsewhere, but it is nice to know we have options. I guess if someone wanted some intake sound, the look, etc. it would be worth the try. Summit racing has them here in the U.S. for a good price. So does Amazon.

·
Super Moderator
547 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts