Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

Advice needed.

5K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Iwantrx7fd 
#1 ·
I was planning to buy a 2017 touring for 24k USD plus tax licensing stuff but then I saw this used 2016 GT AWD loaded +iactive sense with 8400 miles for 23k USD. Which one is the better or smarter choice? Any reason for either one?

#2 ·
The main difference is that the 2016 would have the Active display, fog lights, and those i-active stuff for 1k less. Other than that there is very little difference between the model years. Also depending on what the dealers policy is, you may want to check the warranty on the 2016.

#3 ·
If you put a lot of miles on the car, I'd tend to lean toward a 2017. The 2016 were initial production vehicles and have a few small bugs that are probably pretty well ironed out in the 2017 model. I was an early adopter and don't regret my decision yet, but I only have about 5,000 Km on the car so far, so who knows...?

#5 ·
I was thinking the same about the 2017 model but then again there's no guarantee that they fixed the mechanical problems on it. The dealer warranty on it is 14 days and after that it's just the 5 year drivetrain warranty from mazda. I really want the GT buy just don't want to have problems down the road. Think the transmission would still crap out on the 2016 GT after so many miles?

#7 ·
14 days dealer warranty on a used 2016 model car seems very poor to me. I guess that must be standard in the USA, even from a Mazda dealer? Our high car prices in the UK do at least include a full 3 years 60,000 mile warranty on new cars - and the balance is carried over to future owners on anything less than 3 years old irrespective of where purchased.

#8 ·
That warranty does not sound right because it should be three years or 36,000 miles no matter who owns it.Even though the gt is nice it is not a brand new car.
I would get the 2017 touring because it is brand new and you would know how it was treated especially on the warranty they are offering you.

#15 ·
Mine was a service loaner at a Mazda dealer and it came with a certified pre-owned factory warranty in addition to the balance of the normal factory warranty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.