1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Then i try to adjust the brightness, I only have two options
- almost pitch black
- fairly bright

I can not adjust the brightness in between these two fixed modes. The bright mode is not bright enought to read the displays in daylight, with sunglasses on.

How does it work in your car?

Owners manual says:
"The brightness of the instrument panel and instrument panel illuminations can be
adjusted by rotating the knob.

The brightness decreases by rotating the knob to the left. A beep sound will be
heard when the knob has been rotated to the maximum dim position.
The brightness increases by rotating the knob to the right."

·
Registered
38 Posts
if you continue to rotate the knob to the right (clockwise), you will hear another beep and the brightness will "jump" to the brightest setting (I have no problems with sunglasses at the setting).

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Did you try it with the sidelights on?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies,

I have tried with all lighting modes (off, auto, parking / side, headlights).
I have the same functionality as WxFish describe, but the brightest setting are not bright enough.
I'll visit Mazda dealers and look at some other cars, and hear what they say.

·
Registered
134 Posts
If you cant see good only with your sunglasses then i think that car is not problem. Are your sunglasses good quality and polarised, in not maybe they are the problem. Try with some other before going to service. Once more, if you have full functioned setings in your car i dont think that car display is the problem. You have manual seting while lights are on that display is at full light, because if you dont do that no mater how you put your brightness high when you turn the lights they will illuminate

1 - 6 of 6 Posts