Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really like my cx3 sport. wish they would offer an adjustable suspension by the time I trade this one in.
Slightly lower for highway driving and higher for snow/dirt roads. My oil filter access panel is all cracked and needs replacing; mazda parts claims they will not have any available until 2nd qtr 2017.

·
Registered
745 Posts
At the 2016 Tokyo Auto Show, Mazda displayed a Custom CX-5 with adjustable suspension ... maybe someday for the CX-3.

How did your oil filter acces panel get cracked? If Mazda, then they should replace it. If you, then LKQ should have one immediately, and for a good price.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oil access panel

Oil access panel - Lots of road killed porcupine around, I think I have ran over several dead-ones. Since the clearance is low and some of the porcupines can be good sized , I think that is how the damage to the panel occurred.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't disagree it would be a useful feature, but I can't imagine it ever happening on the CX-3. Mazda is very clear that the CX-3 is not intended for off-road use, so providing an option to raise ground clearance is completely contrary to the "urban-ute" idea.

Besides, it ain't going to be cheap. If they were to develop such a system, I would think it less likely to end up on the "entry level" CX-3. More likely on the CX-9 and maybe the CX-5... provided Mazda considers them "off-road" vehicles of course. Not sure about that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All good points and thanks. My initial reason for purchasing this vehicle was the lower price, AWD, and good fuel economy. From there; ones mind starts to thinking of making it even better to suit my needs, certainly all at an added cost.

·
Registered
327 Posts
2018 model is supposedly getting a refined suspension setup to help improve handling. Not sure what that means exactly, but I'm guessing stiffer springs and/or beefed up sway bars to control body roll better. The article I read also said Mazda's torque-vectoring tech will be added to further enhance handling. I wouldn't expect any significant changes in ride height though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts